Monday, December 3, 2012

On The Mend

It's Monday. The hubby and I are back to work and both kids are in school. It seems our little family is on the mend. We're all finishing up our antibiotics either today or tomorrow and we'll be happy to be done with that mess. I'm still hoping there will be no yeast infection for me as the door prize at the end of this. I'm taking my probiotics, so maybe that will help.

I'm still having trouble eating and keeping food down. I can't figure out if it's the antibiotics or not. I'm not having any upset stomach at all. It's the weirdest thing. I eat a small portion of food, chew the heck out of it, eat very slowly. Everything seems to go down just fine and then about an hour later, I'm in the bathroom throwing up.

Yesterday I stuck to full liquids all day until dinner. I had made spaghetti and meat balls. I served myself 2 medium meatballs with sauce (no spaghetti). I took the same amount of time to eat those 2 meatballs as my family took to eat their huge plates of pasta, salad, etc.
Didn't matter, it all came up an hour later. In fact this morning in the shower, I bent down to pick up the soap and another hunk of meatball came out! How could it still be sitting there in my pouch after sleeping all night? I don't get it.
So today, once again, I'm on liquids. Protein shake for breakfast, yogurt for lunch, oatmeal for dinner.
I told my husband I should just eat cookies. Cookies stay down all the time with no problem. I should just stick to the cookie diet!

I'm hoping once I'm off the antibiotics that my stomach will go back to normal and I can enjoy a decent meal with my family. That would be nice.

Other than that, I'm still keeping up with the exercise, staying away from most sweets, keeping calories in check, etc.
All is well over here.
And how is your Monday going?

3 comments:

Caron said...

Wow, the cookies stay down but good stuff doesn't. I have a problem with lots of healthy foods giving me a bellyache. I cannot eat broccoli, avocado, banana, blueberries, pomegranates, pineapple or honey. I'm sure I've forgotten a couple of things but you get the idea.

On the other hand, things that usually bother people don't bother me. I can eat cabbage, hot peppers, corn and the like with no problems at all. I would love to be able to eat broccoli but haven't had it in many, many years.

Tina @ The Bandit Girl said...

Weird. I wonder if you should call your doc?

Sam said...

I have been on antibiotics now for a few weeks, and while I am not throwing up, I am getting by with eating a lot less, not really hungry at all, so it could have something to do with that, but if yu are actually throwing up, I would suggest checking wi your doctor, cause that can not be good for the band!

Hope you feel better soon!