Thursday, December 6, 2012

TTT!

Here we go, 10 random things about my week. Thanks to Laura Belle who started this crazy Thursday tradition!

1. Right after I posted my last blog post about the constant puking, I got my period. That would completely explain it. One of these days I'll remember these things about my body from month to month.

2. We're all finished with our antibiotics now. Hoping we'll all stay healthy. Fingers crossed.

3. I just learned about "St. Nick Day". I'd never heard of that. Where I grew up Saint Nick was Santa Claus and he came on December 24. Apparently this other Nick dude comes on December 5th and leaves candy in the kids stockings. Living in Wisconsin sure is a whole different ballgame!

4. I'm hosting a little holiday get together in our new home on Saturday. It's our first time entertaining here and I'm pretty excited. It's just 6 ladies from my book club, but we're going to eat, drink and be merry!

5. I've pretty much finished my Christmas shopping except for my best friend. Isn't it awful that I have absolutely no idea what to get her? Awful!

6. This morning just as I was going to head to the elliptical, my 7 year old said "mom, aren't we going to have our cuddle time?". Well, there goes my cardio work out because I can't turn down cuddle time!

7. I love chocolate. And cookies. I'll never get down to 150 because of my inability to give up these things. I'm thinking I may be able to live with that because living without chocolate is just not possible for me.

8. My hands hurt. I'm a sign language interpreter. This is not good.

9/ I went grocery shopping today. I bought 8 loaves of bread. Now that I'm banded and can no longer eat bread, we're constantly running out. I never seem to notice when we're getting low because I don't the stuff. I think we'll be good for a while now.

10. I'm involved in a really good book right now so I'm going to sit in bed and read for an hour.
Nighty night!

3 comments:

Tina @ The Bandit Girl said...

What book? I really need a good one.

speck said...

I hope your party goes well Saturday.

And yes, tell us about the book.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

I have the same issue with bread b/c I don't eat it either! Have fun entertaining the book club. That sounds like a lot of fun. I have always wanted to be in a book club b/c I love to read. I bet it is a lot of fun. I think it's really cool that you're a sign language interpreter!