Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I'm Back, and Happy New Year

Hi Folks.
I'm back from our week in NY.. The ride there was perfect. The kids were great, the weather was great, we couldn't have asked for anything more.

The ride back was riddled with bad weather and bad road conditions. Once again we found ourselves saying "Next year we'll fly". Somehow that never happens. Maybe over the course of a year we forget how awful it is to drive 11 hours, with two kids, in winter weather!

The week was crazy busy but filled with fun, family, friends, and love. We had a fantastic visit. My kids were showered with affection from the NY people, and they loved every minute of it.
I even got to re-connect with a nephew who had been traveling down a very scary path in life, and seems to be finding his way back. That was the Christmas gift our family needed this year.

We had a little 50th birthday celebration for my sister which was awesome. I'm pretty sure she was surprised, even though we had it at her house. I'm such a nice sister I made her host her own surprise party!

On a sad note...I saw my brother, and that just makes me sad. He is heavier than I've ever seen him in my life. He just looks so uncomfortable in his own skin. He's not taking care of himself AT ALL and it scares me. He's raising his daughter alone, so if anything happens to him, she goes back to an un-fit mother. Obviously we have a family history of obesity, but add to that the prevalence of high cholesterol and high blood pressure, and he's a time bomb. The whole situation is sad no matter how you look at it.

In band related news...I was PMSing so wasn't able to eat much during the last few days of the trip. That means another Christmas miracle happened. I did NOT gain weight this holiday. In fact, I lost almost 2 pounds from when we left last Sunday. Big thanks to Phil.

Today was a stay home in our pajamas kind of day for my family. The tree and most of the decorations are down and put away. Tomorrow it's back to school and work for all of us.

I read most of the blog posts from today and yesterday, but I just can't go back a whole week people. That's too much reading even for me!

So, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas (or other winter holiday) and a safe, healthy New Year's Eve.
Stay well and good night!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I love the lap-band! I know I would have gained so much more over the last several months if I didn't have it. Happy New Year!