Friday, January 11, 2013

New Food Recipe #2/52

It's new food Friday. Time to tell you about the recipe I tried last night.

This weeks recipe came from a FB friend who had posted this link...
http://tandriantastytidbits.blogspot.com/2011/11/chicken-parmesan-meatloaf.html

The kids decided that it would be much cooler to put the meatloaf in a muffin tin so that we'd have individual serving sizes. Hey, who am I to argue, sounded like a good idea to me!

We sat down to eat dinner last night, and had already begun tearing into the food when I realized I hadn't taken a picture. Doh! I grabbed a quick shot before it was all gone, so sorry that it doesn't look very appealing.



So here's the scoop.
I used ground turkey instead of ground chicken because I prefer the texture of turkey.
It was super easy to make. I popped them in the oven as soon as the kids got off the bus since they take about 45 min. to make.
I cooked a little bit of spinach pasta to go on the side, for the pasta lovers in the family.
I made a green salad too.

The verdict? Meatballs. This concoction tasted exactly like meatballs. I should have known that because I've made meatballs a zillion times and the ingredients are pretty much the same.
The good news? My family likes meatballs so as soon as we stopped calling this 'meat loaf', they all ate like champs. Even the daughter who only just recently started eating meat.
Of the 12 I made there were only 3 left over and hubby ate those today for lunch.

So, if you like the taste of meatballs, go ahead and make this meat loaf, Italian style!

3 comments:

Dawnya said...

I'll have to give it a try. My picky eaters love meatballs.

twenty kilos to go said...

They look gorgeous! Great idea to put them in a muffin pan!

Jody V said...

Sounds like a fun meal!