Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Stick With What Ya' Know!

So I was reading LapBandGal yesterday and she wrote about how she doesn't often rely on protein shakes for nutrition. She prefers to actually chew her food.

Well, I've been having protein shakes for breakfast for a very long time. I tend to have 'morning band', so it just seemed to make sense for me.
But after reading her post I figured, what the heck, why not give some food a try in the morning. I only have 3.25CC in my 14CC band so maybe it would work.

I started my morning with a serving of oatmeal. That's it, just very runny oatmeal.
Then about an hour later I took my vitamins and went to the gym.
The whole time at the gym I kept burping up oatmeal. Each time I tried to take a sip of my water, the oatmeal threatened to come back up on me.

After running a bunch of errands, and 6 hours later, that oatmeal was just sitting there, refusing to go down.
Finally after I got home I hopped in the shower (that's how busy my days are!). I bent over to pick up my razor and guess what happened? My B-12 vitamin came up. Completely whole, and surrounded by a smattering of undigested oatmeal!
Nice.
Well that felt better.

So, the moral of the story?

Stick with what you know. Nothing wrong with having my protein shake every morning. It gives me the nutrition I need to get through my busy days, and it doesn't come back up on me!

4 comments:

twenty kilos to go said...

I have morning band too! I can't even do protein shakes, but I can do scrambled eggs! Weird hey?

Sam said...

Me too! There is nothing wrong with a shake for breakfast if that is what works for you!

Lap Band Gal said...

Yikes. An oatmeal vitamin back from the dead :( sounds like a morning band to me. If it ain't broke, don't fix it I guess :) great post!

Ronnie said...

LOL, definitely stick to what you know, babe. Don't worry about what works for someone else - do what works for you!

Love ya!