Thursday, January 10, 2013

TTT!

Here are my ten random things for this Thursday.
Enjoy!

1. You people are too damn fast. I was completely caught up on ALL blogs yesterday afternoon. Today I open up blogger and BAM! I have a gazillion more to read. Probably not getting to that today, so for the love of Pete, slow down!

2. Years ago I saw an interview with a woman who was morbidly obese. She talked about how she had been naturally thin for most of her life. Then she landed in the hospital for 6+ months with some sort of infection (meningitis?) where she was given only clear liquids and IV fluids for the entire time. She was so sick, she nearly died and weighed just 80 pounds.
When she got out of the hospital and was able to eat real food again, she couldn't stop. She had been deprived of the satisfaction of chewing and eating real food for so long, she just went crazy and gained something like 200 pounds. I don't remember how the interview ended or if she got help for her food addiction. I just bring it up because I know first hand that deprivation is a real Bitch.

No, I've never been deprived of food for 6 months, but for 2 weeks out of every month I'm not able to eat anything solid. If I try, I puke. End of story.
It starts about 3 days before my period, and lasts for at least a week after the period. It's crazy. Then, when the restriction finally lets up, I eat. And eat and eat and eat. It's that whole deprivation mind set.
Unfortunately right now I'm in the wide open, eat anything you want time period and the scale showed it this morning. I'm not happy.
So, to add insult to injury, I'm going on a 3 day liquid cleanse. Call me crazy, but I need to do something.
At the very least I need to rid my body of sugar and carbs (once again!).
I hate liquid diets as much as the rest of you, but I feel this is something I need to do.
Wish me luck!

3. Because of the surprise on the scale this morning, I took a step in the right direction today and stuck with protein all day. I haven't had a friggin' carb except for the fruit in my protein shake. Detox, detox, detox!

4. This week I've been in clearance shopping heaven January is my favorite time of year (except for the snow and cold). I've hit up all the major retailers and scored major deals at all of them. I've picked up Valentines' day gifts, b-day gifts, and even a couple things for next Christmas. I loooooove a good sale!

5. I've been on a great exercise kick this week. I did Insanity on Sunday and Wednesday, Body Pump on Tuesday and today, and will either do kick boxing or Insanity again tomorrow.
Only six months to bathing suit weather people. SIX months!

6. My husband has convinced me to sign up for a 10K. He's running the half marathon on the same day and thought it would be cool for us to both run. It's not until September so at least I have the whole summer to train and run outside. But still, did I ever mention that I don't love running? I'll do it though, because I know it's good for me, gives me something to train for, and because I love that man. God help me.

7. Tonight is our new recipe night. It's meatloaf with a twist. I'll be sure to post about it tomorrow, and since several of you asked for pics, I'll make sure to post some. Fingers crossed for another success tonight.

8. I wish I had more energy. Seriously, I think I could go to bed right now and stay there all night. Must be all that clearance shopping I've been doing.

9. Quick update on the hubby: He's lost a total of 9 pounds since the doc asked him to try to lose a little weight to improve his BP. He's training for that half marathon, which has helped. His BP is back in the normal range so it looks like no medication needed. So proud.

10. My kids just came home from school and the little one announced "I do NOT like meat loaf, and I am NOT eating dinner with you tonight". I told her to go ask the  neighbors what they're having, and she could eat with them. She didn't like that answer one bit.

Have a great night people. Be healthy and happy.

2 comments:

speck said...

So good to see your post R!

You and I are alike about those carbs. I too, have to keep the carbs really low and detox for at least 3 days. Something about that 3rd day.

I too, LOVE a great sale. I very seldom ever buy anything that's not on sale.

I want to know about that meatloaf!

Sandra




Tina @ The Bandit Girl said...

All I can say is hormones are a bitch. Proud of your hubby...good luck on the 10K!