Sunday, February 17, 2013

New Food #7

This is supposed to be "New Food Friday" but things got kinda' busy around here, and I'm just getting to it today.
Not to worry, we definitely tried a new recipe, I just hadn't had a chance to post about it.

This week it's another great recipe from 'Smashed Peas'. This is 2 weeks in a row that I've used a recipe from that blog, and 2 weeks in a row that we were all happy with the choice.

Here's the actual recipe (Click on the link).
Don't they look amazing? Well, let me tell you, they are!

The first time I made them, I used all Splenda instead of sugar. I didn't care for the chemical after taste. My kids didn't  mind a bit. They loved them.

The second time I made them, I used 1/2 organic cane sugar and 1/2 Stevia in the Raw. MUCH better result, but obviously higher in calories and sugar for those of us who care about such things.

Also, as you can see, I used kisses instead of the Dove hearts, because they were much cheaper.


Here's the finished product...


I made a double batch. The second pan was without the kisses. I figure it's safer for me to have the chocolate-free kind around, because I can't always be trusted to have just one or two!

They're definitely Bandster friendly, as long as you don't over do it.

I hope you and your families will enjoy these as much as we did.
Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

twenty kilos to go said...

Yum! And 3 ingredient recipes are the bomb!

Catherine55 said...

Yum! Also -- I hear you on the comment you posted on my blog. For as awesome as it was to get to goal, it really was a let down on one level, since I missed the thrill and sense of accomplishment I felt when losing. Is that how you feel, too?

E. Jane said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. BTW: The recipe looks yummy. Thanks for sharing...