Thursday, February 28, 2013

TTT and Ready for Spring!

It's Thursday and that means it's time for some randomness. Thanks to Laura Belle for starting this tradition or else I may never have anything to write about...

1. Remember last week I mentioned that my 5 year old had her first ever ear infection and her first experience on antibiotics? Well she's now officially allergic to all penicillin products. The poor kid is covered in hives from her head to her legs. Her lips look like Angelina Jolie.
We spent the morning at the doctor, who was quite impressed with the severe reaction and made sure to tell us how important it is that she NEVER EVER have anything with the word cillin in it again.
No problemo doc.

2. Haven't been to body pump in a week now due to sick kiddos. It's going to hurt like hell when I do go back (hopefully Tuesday). Nothing like starting all over again.

3. Remember those size 10 jeans I bought last week? Sick kiddo puked all over me and those jeans the other day (probably an early sign of the allergic reaction). I came home and threw them in the laundry and then forgot about them. I didn't realize until the next day that I had put them in the dryer with the rest of the clothes. On HIGH. For almost an hour. Yikes!
I was certain I had ruined my chances of ever getting into them again, but guess what? They went right on this morning, and zipped. No problem!
When has that ever happened? Back in my fat days there would not have been a happy ending to this story.

4. Hubby and I both caught a cold from our oldest daughter. She likes to share everything, especially her germs. I don't care much about me getting sick, but hubby is flying to China this weekend and the thought of him having to be on a flight for 14 hours (yup, 14 hours!) and having even a little congestion is very sad.
Hoping he'll be over it by the time he flies out.

5. Did you know kids don't develop sinus cavities until they're 5 years old? Oh the things you learn when you spend time with a pediatrician.

6. We're all pretty sick of winter around here, even my husband who NEVER complains about the weather or being cold.
Wanna' know how I know he's tired of it? Because we haven't even gone on our beach vacation for this year yet, and he's already booked a week in Florida for next year.
We're spending a week in February at a friend's condo (the friend will not be there).
It's not on the beach but I don't care because it's in Florida. With sunshine. And a pool. And did I mention sunshine?

7. The Pope stepped down, so does that mean I have to keep up my Lent promise of doing the elliptical every day? Ugh, I suppose I do because it was a promise to God, and not to the Pope. I have to admit I am getting sick of it now and can't believe I've gotten myself into this.
If I make it all the way to Easter will someone give me permission to eat an entire bag of cadbury mini eggs? Somehow I've convinced myself that I deserve that!

8. I really wish Benadryl made my kid sleepy. Not so much as a cat nap out of her.

9. I've decided I need to start tracking my daily food intake again. I've been in maintenance for a year and a half and doing fine, but the reality is I feel like I haven't really learned a thing. I honestly have no idea how many calories I eat each day or how much protein I'm getting (except that I start my day with a good protein shake). If I lost my band tomorrow, I am not confident that I would know how to keep the weight off.
I need to get back on track ASAP.

10. Well, since I'm not at the gym or doing my grocery shopping, I must at least put away the 2 loads of laundry that won't put themselves away. Stuff to do people, stuff to do!

I hope you're all having a better week (and month) than we are over here.
Be well!

3 comments:

Ronnie said...

You can ONLY have the cadbury mini eggs if you send me half. In a cool container so they don't melt. Those are my weakness. Damnitall.

Caron said...

Hopefully, you've passed the worst of the school time sicknesses and can have some days free of sickness. My husband is allergic to penicillin too but neither of my kids are.

Cheri said...

I'm so sorry about your daughter! Mine has the same problem. Years later we finally realized she was allergic to Motrin, too...just as a heads up in case you notice other allergy symptoms! She can only take medication in the acetametaphine family. :-P