Friday, February 1, 2013

TTT at 2am. on Friday!

A little late in the game, but here goes...

1. It's 2am. and I've been awake for 2 hours. This is becoming a very irritating pattern lately. Insomnia sucks.

2. My oldest has strep AGAIN. She complained a little of a sore throat in the morning but had no fever or redness so I sent her to school. Well, a few hours later she got sent to the nurse and I picked her up. We went to urgent care and sure enough, Strep. Now I've allowed her to contaminate the whole class because I thought she just had a dry throat. Mother of the year, right here.

3. I'm up a bit on the scale this week due to my addiction to cereal. I managed to get through the whole day today without any, so that's better. When will I ever learn?

4. I'm not happy that she's sick, but I have to admit I'm excited that I get to spend the whole day with my big girl. She's great to be around and I don't get to spend any quality time with just her since she's in school for 8 hours a day, and she has a little sister who requires a lot of attention.
I think we'll do our nails, or bake cookies. Fun times.

5. We didn't get to try our new food since I was at urgent care through dinner. That will have to be tomorrow (well, actually today since it's technically Friday already).

6. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sharing some loose skin pics with you all this week. I had been thinking about doing it, then I saw that LapBand Gal did, so she has paved the way. Be warned. It's not pretty.

7. We had a 50 degree temperature drop here within a 48 hour period. We went from 60 degrees on Tuesday, to 10 degrees on Thursday. I can't wait to see our heat bill for this month.

8. I got some new trail runner shoes on mega-clearance the other day. I popped in the store just to try on and figure out what size I am in that particular brand because we have a friend who works at their corporate headquarters and he can get sneakers at a huge discount. While I was trying on I saw a clearance rack and they had one pair, they were my size, and they were $9! Excellent brand of running shoe, at an unheard of price!
I guess that means I have to start running outside again, since I have trail runners. Sigh.

9. My hubby is sleeping in the guest room because he's scared of contracting the strep. Can't say I blame him.

10. I have a tummy ache, and my chest hurts a little. I'm probably next in the line of who gets sick around here. Good thing the doc I saw last month for my sinus infection gave me a refill on my Z-pack. I'm prepared.

I think I'll try to get back to sleep now. Wish me luck.
Have a good night/day folks!

3 comments:

Caron said...

When my kids were little, it took a couple of days to confirm strep throat. Don't blame yourself for sending her to school. It seemed to me that when mine complained the very worst, it would not be strep but when I didn't expect it, there it was. Hope you catch up on your sleep. :)

Cheri said...

$9 shoes?! Un-be-lievable, wtg! :-) Sorry about the strep, but yes, it seems like Murphy's Law for Mom's..if you had kept her home, it would NOT have been strep, and she would have missed something really important...same if you had taken her to the doctor, lol. :-) How fun that you are going to enjoy the day with just you and her. Hope everyone feels better soon.

Sarah G said...

Hope you feel better soon!