Thursday, February 14, 2013

TTT on V-Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to my Bloggy Peeps. I hope it's a great one for you all.
Today is Thursday though, and we must have some randomness, right.
So, on with Ten Things Thursday...

1. This morning while cuddling with the hubby I said to him "I'm sad that today is Valentine's Day and I don't even like you right now". We both laughed. He knows I don't mean it. But he was being a turd about how I do too much for our kids on these holidays, and he was bringing me down!

2. V-day is a gift giving holiday for the kids at our house. They wake up to a kitchen table all set up with pretty, wrapped presents (there have been balloons and streamers in years past). They love it and look forward to it.
You know what I love about it? I get to take the credit for the gifts. There's no thanking Santa or the Easter Bunny. It's all Mama. Call me selfish, but I like that.

3. I woke up with a very puffy, sticky right eye this morning. I'm hoping with all my might that it's not pink eye. I've been at the kids school quite a lot lately, and I get everything that goes around, so fingers crossed!

4. I'm not Catholic and pretty much grew up without any religion at all. However, for some reason, I've always participated in Lent. I usually give up sugar or chocolate, like all the good Catholics of the world, and it makes me feel good. This year I decided to be a little different. Instead of giving up something, I'm going to DO something. Something that's good for me.
I've been doing the elliptical every morning for 30 minutes, regardless if it's a gym day or not. I figure doing two work outs on some days is not going to kill me, and with our family history of heart disease, and extra 30 min. of cardio wouldn't hurt.
I'm going to continue doing that throughout Lent. Now that I've put it on here, in front of God and the world, I must keep my word. Wish me luck!

5. TMI alert: I think I have a yeast infection AND I'm getting my period. Nice. Some Valentine's Day, huh?

6. I'm supposed to be grocery shopping, but I'm doing this instead. I'll go tomorrow, and I'll probably get a ton of V-day clearance items while I'm at it!

7. We went out for a special V-day family dinner on Tuesday night.
We never go out on the 14th because it's a crazy mad house, and who wants to fight for a table when you have 2 kids who need to be in bed by 7:30.
We went out for Japanese. It makes my  heart swell with pride that my girls can sit through an entire dinner at an adult restaurant and eat normal food (with chopsticks!). No fighting, no huge messes all over the floor, no bag full of goldfish, apple sauce, and baby wipes. No trying to get through it without an incident or major spill.
They were such little ladies. They even ordered for themselves.
We have truly been blessed.

8. It's only 4 months until our beach vacation! Yet one more reason to keep my butt on that elliptical EVERY day.

9. I'm helping out at both kids V-day parties today. I'm bringing the snack for one of them. I made chocolate cut out cookies. It was a recipe from the newspaper, and although they turned out OK, I won't make them again. The dough was very difficult to work with.
And because I'm a mom who must suffer guilt, I felt bad that I was feeding them junk food, so I bought a truck load of strawberries and am bringing those too. I'm sure the kids will eat the cookies and leave the berries, but at least I'll be able to say I tried to offer a healthy snack, and it was a red snack, making it appropriate for this holiday. I guess I covered all my bases!

10. Because I'm not at the grocery store, or at the gym, I must at least go put away the 3 loads of laundry that are waiting for me. So, it's been fun, but I must go.

I hope you're all having a wonderful Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

#4 reminds me I still have to figure out what I'm giving up. I'm such a procrastinator. I want to go to the beach with you. PLEASE.

Cheri said...

Love that you enjoy giving Vday gifts because "you get credit" lol - I so get that. :-) AND I think the strawberries are a great idea, and I bet some kids will love them. I think offering options is terrific. :-)