Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Day Without Chocolate and Horizontal Stripes

Yesterday was a day without chocolate for me. In fact I managed to avoid all sugar for an entire day.
I felt I needed to take control of my life back. My addiction to sugar is a big one, and it makes me feel like crap.

Here's what I had:
Breakfast: Protein shake
Post work out snack: Protein bar
Lunch: Green protein shake (mostly veggies)
afternoon snack: Yogurt with flax mixed in
Dinner: Steel cut oatmeal made with soy milk and more flax.

I can't tell you how great I felt. Not just physically, but mentally. Being 'in control' is a marvelous thing.
One day at a time.

So, it's been a very long time since I've posted any pictures of myself. I'd hate if any of my followers were assuming I don't post pics because I've gone off the wagon and gained all the weight back!
That's not the case at all.

It's just that I'm in maintenance and pictures aren't as exciting when there's no difference from the ones you posted last time. Boring.

After I got dressed this morning, it dawned on me that I'm wearing HORIZONTAL stripes. What!? That never happened when I was heavy because, you know, those stripes would have made me look fat. Not the extra 80 pounds of weight I was carrying around, but the stripes. You know what I'm talking about.
So on this momentous occasion, I decided to take a picture.
Here you go...



I used the big mirror in my daughter's room to take the pic. Forgive the mess!

So, I can wear stripes, and a belt, just like a 'regular' person. That feels good. I don't even remember when I got here, but I like it.
I still have big legs and a butt that won't quit but I've learned to accept that. It's part of me.
Ironically enough, I just got back from my daughter's class where she read a book to her friends called "I Like Myself". I could take a lesson from a 1st grader.

I haven't forgotten my promise to post loose skin pictures. I just haven't found the time when my kids around. I really don't want them to witness that!

So there you have it my loves.


I hope at least for today, you're in control AND learning to love yourselves.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

OhmuhGod - you are sooooooo tiny!

Tina @ The Bandit Girl said...

LOVE the pics of Maintenance! Different outfits are fun to dream about for those of us trying to get where you are. You look FABULOUS!

FreeJulie said...

Hahaha, first, let me say if that's "mess," I would be so afraid to show you my house! Eep!

You look great and congrats on the horizontal stripes. :) I have been battling a major sugar binge for the last month or so, it is really pretty shocking. I don't usually have a sweet tooth, but once I get a taste for it, watch out!!

Your post was nice inspiration this morning, thank you. :)

Sarah Kopf said...

Yay for horizontal stripes! I love that; you look great!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com

P.S. I'm new around here. I found you on Draz's blog!