Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Slowly Improving...Day by Day

It's been a while since I posted, but I've been trying to wait until I actually have something to report. I still don't have much news, but here's what's been going on...

I went to the doctor on Friday about my dizziness, nausea, and sudden weight loss without trying (who the hell loses 8 pounds in a week without trying?!). I got down to 157 and stayed there. You'd think I would keep losing since I really wasn't eating much but I think my body got to the point that it went into starvation mode. Today I'm at 158.
He gave me a full physical and pretty much came up with nothing. I told him about the pain in my left side,which he thinks could either be an intestine or an ovary. Apparently both are in the location I described.

Here's the kicker. He sends me for an ultrasound to try to figure out what's going on. I went today only to find out that intestines are not visible on ultrasound. For that I would need a CT scan.
Um, wouldn't you think a doctor would know that?

I'm waiting for the results for what they did see, if anything, and trying not to be mad that I'll have to pay $500 for this test.

My stomach is a lot better than it was last week. I actually ate mashed potatoes and didn't throw up, so that's a step in the right direction.
Last night I had oatmeal for dinner and was fine.

Not sure why I was so irritated but I'm glad it's getting better and I'm now getting in about 1,000 calories a day.
I'm back to having one Activia yogurt a day without pain. For a while there the lactose intolerance was so bad I couldn't even have a drop of cream in my coffee. But now that has calmed down too.

I'm guessing I had some sort of virus and didn't know it. I've never been so dizzy in my life, and the nausea was unbearable.
I'm regaining my strength and energy with each day, and my husband says my color is coming back to normal.

If I get any results from today's appointment, I'll post soon.

Be well, and Happy Spring!

5 comments:

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

Awww babe - feel better. Take care of you okay?

On My Way to Size 8! said...

Oh no! Get better!

Robyn's Nest said...

I hope they find something or it goes away and you feel better soon.

Tina @ The Bandit Girl said...

Really, Really strange...I am glad you are feeling somewhat better and I will be wishing for a full recovery for you!

speck said...

Hey Stranger!

I know you and your family have had a time with illness. I hope it's something minor that is going on with you and they can figure it out so that you can get on the mend.

Good to see you post.

Sandra