Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ten Things Thursday

Well Hello there folks. It's Thursday so it's time for some major randomness, better known as Ten Things Thursday!

1. Apparently I'm not going to drop dead.
One of the reasons I had to go for an abdominal ultrasound yesterday is because my abdominal artery pumps very prominently. Meaning, you can feel it if you just rest your hand on my belly. That's sort of a big deal because it can mean there's an aneurysm. If an aneurysm bursts, you're a goner. Done.
Needless to say I'm pretty darn excited that there's no aneurysm (still no explanation as to why my artery is so loud) and nothing is gonna' burst.
Can I get an Amen!

2. When I made my Lenten promise to do the elliptical every day for the full 40 days of Lent, I had already done it for 5 days before Lent even started. I figured those would be my 'buffer' days, in case there were days I couldn't get to the machine.
I used 1 day when I had the foot pain. One day when I was sick and only consumed 300 calories and could barely hold my head up. One day when my kid was sick and had to go to urgent care, and yesterday when I had to fast for my early am. ultrasound.
I'm almost out of buffer days. That means that I have to get on that darn machine every freaking day from now until March 31 WITHOUT FAIL!
No excuses people, no excuses.

3. I ate today. REAL food. Still staying away from very fibrous things that can irritate, but I even had a bit of chicken tonight at dinner. I do believe I am healed.
Another Amen!

4. When the hubs was in China he wanted to get me a silk nightgown but never made it to the right shopping district, and ran out of time. He mentioned this to one of his employees who said she would take care of it for him. Would ya' believe I got a package from China today, with a gorgeous silk, pink nightie?
In Chinese sizes I'm an XL. I'm happy I live in America.

5. I love Co$tco. They have a no hassle return policy.
I bought a set of pots and pans 3 years ago. One of the frying pans lost its non-stick quality. I brought back the whole set today. THREE YEARS LATER ,and they gave me a full refund.
I now have a brand new set of gorgeous pots and pans. I'm a happy woman.

6. The Easter decorations are up. I hung a new spring themed shower curtain. I painted my toe nails bright orange. I shaved my legs.
I'm ready. I want to wear Capris. Spring must come now!

7. I've decided my face is more important than my butt. Let me explain.
I've always said I'd love to get down to 155. With this recent illness I got down to 157. I was not happy there. I didn't like what I saw in the mirror and on the video camera at work. I had lines in my face that weren't there before. I looked old. Not happy!
So, I decided that I can live with my juicy booty as long as my face doesn't look old. I can't handle that.
The face is way  more important than the butt. Besides, I suspect my hubby likes the rump.

8. I'm back up to 158.4 today. The face is looking better. I feel better. I can live with that.

9. My kids have one week left of Saturday am. soccer. After that I'm back to Saturday morning kick boxing and I CAN NOT WAIT. I love that class and miss it terribly. I'm ready to kick some serious butt.

10. I'm signed up for a dirty girl mud run AND a 10k and haven't run one single mile since October. Must start training soon. *sigh*

That's it for tonight folks. I hope you're all staying warm and healthy!
Have a good night.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Very good to hear!!

Dawnya said...

I'm so glad the ultrasound was clear and you are feeling better.

Ms. M said...

So happy to hear good news from your ultrasound. :)

Costco does have an amazing return policy! I wish we had one a little closer... or maybe I don't. All those tasty treats would get me in more trouble than I find already. Lol