Thursday, April 25, 2013

TTT!

It's Thursday! Since I can't seem to find the time to actually write a blog post on any other day of the week, I'm left with random thoughts on Ten Things Thursday.
Here goes...

1. I had forgotten what real hunger feels like. It's been a long time. Now that I'm recovering from my lactose intolerance debacle, and had a big un-fill, I now know what hunger feels like. At first it was exciting to be able to eat. Now, not so much.
I can eat way more than I could before. I'm back up to 160, from my lowest at 156.
I knew the gain would happen once I was better, but I'm not loving it!
Now I need to be more careful and accountable for what I eat, and how much. Portion size was always my problem, and it is once again a big issue in my life.
I'm trying to gain control, but I'll tell ya', it's not easy!

2. Hubby and I are obsessed with the show "The Following". There's only one episode left of the season, and OMG, how is it going to end!?
No matter how sick and twisted it is, the writers are genius!

3. I've discovered goat cheese. Thank God for the little things in life.

4. I'm still chocolate free. I'ts been a week. Still not loving that. But I do love not having pain.

5. I'm going for my first outdoor run of the season tomorrow. It's been really cold and rainy here, and I'm a fair weather runner. But tomorrow I have to drop the car off for an oil change at the shop which is about 2 miles away from the house. No sense sitting around waiting for the car. I'll just run home.
I'm kind of excited.

6. I sat down and filled in our calendar with all the activities we've already registered for this summer. Holy cow, it's all filled up! I vowed not to be so busy this year, but with swim lessons and summer school, we're jam packed once again.
I'm hoping for a week or two of just hanging out in the yard with the kids. Fingers crossed.

7. On Tuesday I did my regular body Pump class, then did Combat (kick boxing) right after. I felt fine, and energized but let me tell you, yesterday was painful! I was so sore, I was walking around like an old lady. I went back to Pump today and I do feel much better now that I've re-worked the muscles.
I think about how before we moved I was doing Combat 2-3 times a week. I was so conditioned. I hope to get back to that very soon.

8. We're leaving for Myrtle Beach in 6 weeks but I've already started to pack! I have a corner in my room where I'm piling stuff that we'll be bringing. Think I'm a little excited?

9. I'm pretty sure my feet are getting bigger. Most people who have a big weight loss actually go down in shoe size. However, I've been a size 8 1/2 for my entire adult life, and now I'm a 9. It's like my big toes won't fit comfortably in my old shoes. My last 3 pair of running/exercise shoes have all been a 9, so that means it's not just a fluke or a brand issue.
What's up with that?

10. I always take the stairs in the parking garage at work. The other day when I went to enter the stairway, there were 2 cleaning ladies in there. They yelled "Don't touch anything!".
Apparently over the weekend, some vandals, or stupid drunk teenagers, came in there and smeared human feces all over the hand rails and stairs.
WTF is wrong with people?! How low can you get? Freaking disgusting.
I felt so bad for those poor cleaning ladies, having to spend their entire morning cleaning up poop, from some stupid ass, disrespectful punks.
Raise your children right people!

That's it for today. Enjoy the rest of your Thursday.
Be well.

3 comments:

FreeJulie said...

Ew, that is so gross. Some people suck.

On a happier note, I love goat cheese, too! :)

Sarah said...

Eeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!
Don't tell Drazzie. She'll freak. Poor women.

I love goat's cheese too. Nom nom.

And The Following is fantastic but seriously freaky. I can't watch it at night. Way too warped and close to bedtime. I have to record it and watch it on the weekend.

Cheri said...

I'm stressing now that I haven't planned any summer activities yet, lol! (Maybe by next week. ;-D).

Goat cheese = yum.