Saturday, May 4, 2013

An Update

Things are getting worse, almost by the minute.

I have an appointment for the gallbladder ultrasound on Wednesday am. I'm on the cancellation list in hopes of getting in sooner.
Last night was horrible. The pain went from the rib cage area and wrapped around to the middle of my back. I tried the heating pad, I tried tea, nothing helped until I threw up the contents of my stomach. Then, sweet relief.

Today no rib cage pain and no back ache, but that's likely because I haven't eaten much in the way of solid food. I'm afraid of another attack so I'm keeping to the liquids like a good patient.

Today the issue is different. Today I'm exhausted beyond belief. I've never felt like this before. Not even after having babies. Not even after my band surgery. It's awful.

I actually woke up feeling OK. I hurried up and did some dishes and laundry, knowing my energy level wouldn't last. I took my daughter to pick out a leotard for dance class. As soon as we got home I had to take a nap, despite sleeping soundly all night.

After my nap we took the kids outside in the yard. I tried to dig around in the garden a little, trying to be at least a little productive. Each time I stood up I was so dizzy I thought I would pass out on the spot.
My husband kept telling me to go sit down and take it easy.
I'm not exactly the 'take it easy' type of girl.
I'm the girl who continued to clean the house and weed the garden after getting a concussion.
I'm the girl who sweeps and mops the floors after a C-section, ignoring the doctors orders to not over-do it.

This taking it easy stuff is for the birds!

All I can think about is putting the laundry away, and how I'm going to get through the Sunday school lesson tomorrow (God forbid I find a sub!).
I'm thinking about how I can get through the work day on Monday, and if I can work out on Tuesday. Wondering if I should cancel my volunteer shift at the school on Tuesday afternoon.

My mind does not rest.

I took a second nap this afternoon, and still feel like I need to be in bed.

I've already told my husband that if they tell me there's nothing wrong with my gallbladder on Wednesday, just take me to the hospital and leave me there. There's something wrong with me.

I'll update as I know  more.
In the meantime, if any of my readers have had their gallbladder out, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!

4 comments:

Caron said...

One of my best friends said that when they took her to the emergency room, the nurse immediately said "You've got that gallbladder wiggle." She said the pain is so bad that you try to get away from it by moving but it doesn't help. I hope you can get in soon and get something done so you can feel better. Keep us posted.

Cheri said...

I'm so sorry. :-( I'm sure in one sense keeping busy helps the time go by faster, and maybe distracts you from the pain - but you DO have to pace yourself and get the sub, or say "no" to doing things if you are too tired. So you don't pass out in the gym...or in the Sunday School class...you don't want to traumatize the kiddies. ;-) xo

I am sorry I know nothing about the surgery. I believe Lap Band Gal had it? I hope you get some blogger replies to reassure you. I think you are totally right if they say it is not gallbladder, to insist they figure out what is up, but it sounds like gallbladder is extremely likely.

Dawnya said...

Feel better soon sweetie. I hate that you are in this type of pain. I'll pray for your speedy recovery.

Sarah G said...

I had my gallbladder out when I was 6 wks after my oldest was born. The pain you describe fits my symptoms to a T. I can't believe you have to wait so long for an untrasound! TAKE IT EASY!