The gallbladder is coming out on July 1st. I have a 10am. start time for surgery. I made the mistake of checking out some you tube videos of the actual surgery today. That was fun. Now I'm a bit freaked out. Why do I do that to myself?!
The Father's Day dinner was a success. I ordered a tofu/broth soup and it was really yummy. I never liked tofu before but this was soft and smooth, and the broth was super tasty.
I had a few really good days with no attacks, and even joked once again about canceling the surgery. Of course right after I said that I got hit with a pretty nasty day. Bad attack right after breakfast, that caused major exhaustion the rest of the day. I took two naps, and then couldn't sleep that night. Ugh!
Here's a funny for ya'.
Since my GB is only functioning at 13%, instead of 100%, that means it takes my system 8X longer to process what I take in. Hubby, the math genius, figured that out for me.
Anyway, Thursday night's we usually have a beer and watch Netflix together. It's like our own little cozy date night after the kiddos go to bed.
This week I had my beer, we watched our shows, and I went to bed. I woke up the next morning looking like I had been in a fight, or was drunk, or both.
It was awful. My face was puffy, I was bloated, and I was still a little buzzy. My body hadn't yet filtered and processed the beer!
I spent all day on Friday just drinking tons of water and tea to try to detox. You know what happened? Friday night I got up to pee EIGHT times. Eight freaking trips to the potty! No sleep for me.
I called my surgeons office to see if he would be able to do a port swap and give me the low profile one he had talked to me about before. I really need to take a pic because my port sticks out so far you can grab hold of it!
Well, the scheduler told me it takes about 6 weeks to get approval from the insurance company, and we don't have that kind of time. See how 'smart' the insurance companies are? Instead of having me go under the knife ONCE, and pay for one facility fee, and one anesthesiology fee, they'd rather take their sweet time so that I'd have to do everything twice.
Sorry, no go for me. I won't sign up for another surgery just for cosmetic reasons.
Then the scheduler offered to put the GB surgery off 6 weeks so that I can get both done at the same time. Um, no thanks, I'd rather not be in pain for another SIX WEEKS!
That's about it for me today.
Catch ya' later folks!