Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I'm Back, and a Super Quick Update

I just got back from a glorious 9 day vacation with my family. I was totally unplugged and didn't even think about the internet or posting on my blog while I was away.
So, since I have about a zillion things to do (like unpack and laundry!), I'll try to update you with the quickness...

Two days before we left for vacation, I went to see my surgeon for a 2CC unfill.
This leaves me with only .65 in my band.
I've lost another 4 pounds since that day.
I'm down to 156 now.
My clothes are falling off me.

I had 2 gallbladder-like attacks on the car ride to Myrtle Beach, then had 5 wonderful days of no pain.

I was ready to call and cancel the appointment for the HIDA scan, then BAM, hit with several attacks and unable to eat much of anything again.

I'm focusing on hydration and protein shakes at this point.

Of the 9 days I was on vacation I only exercised twice, unless you consider walking around an amusement park with my kids for 4 hours exercise, then it's three times.

I really enjoy falling asleep to the sound of the ocean outside my window. I could get used to that.

I went in for my HIDA scan today and guess what they found? A gallbladder! I feel like calling that other idiot Radiologist and telling him he needs to go back to school. The jerk tried to convince me I had it removed and just don't remember it!
I'll update as soon as I get the report/results.

That's all for now....dishes to do, clothes to wash!

I hope you were all good while I was gone.

5 comments:

RockBand Barbie said...

I just returned from the beach and slept with the sliding glass door open every night so I could hear the ocean...so relaxing. I can't believe they told you that you didn't have a gallbladder....like you wouldn't remember having that surgery???? That's crazy talk.

speck said...

what the heck! umm yes, keep me updated on that one! I've had a gallstone for years now and until it really causes an issue, my dr said keep it. Hopefully your issue will be resolved really soon. I know you are ready for all this to be over with.

Vacation sounds great. I love vacations!

Tina@The BanditGirl said...

so glad they found your gallbladder!!!

Cheri said...

Halleluiah they found your mysterious gallbladder!!!! PROGRESS!!!!

And so happy you had a wonderful vacation with your family. :-)

Beth Ann said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I hate it when I forget that I had my gall bladder removed.