Friday, June 28, 2013

It's Friday!

Two weeks in a row I missed my Ten Things Thursday post. Bad Blogger!
I've just been too busy and too exhausted to take the time to post.

So, here's what's been going on...

This week I've been cleaning, weeding, and shopping, in hopes of getting everything done before surgery on Monday.
I keep telling myself the weeds will come back, the dust will come back, the clothes will get dirty again, and I should just let go, but I can't. I need to get it all done so it doesn't drive me nuts while I'm recovering.

I had planned to go on one of my uphill power walks this morning and slept right through it. Hubby says it's because I over did it yesterday. He's probably right.

Surgical nurse called today to let me know they bumped my surgery to 11:30 from 10. Not that bad considering my BFF has had her gastric bypass surgery rescheduled twice! She should be in there having it done right now, provided they didn't reschedule her again.

My daughter has the lead in a little school play next week. It's the day after my surgery so I'm pretty sure I won't be attending. Hubby will take a video for me. I'm bummed!

I haven't had a GB attack in a few days. Feeling good, just tired.

I've learned over these past few weeks to accept the fact that 160 IS my goal weight. I've seen what 155 looks like on me, and I don't like it. I get lines in my face and neck that I don't like, and I look old. I've been at 160 for a very long time. It's time to accept it and move on. I don't care if the BMI charts say 150 is my healthy weight. It's not the number for me.
As long as I continue to exercise often, and maintain my current weight, I can be happy with that.

My secret fear is that I will die on the table and leave my girls to grow up without a mama. Awful, I know, but right now that's what is on my mind. I should get some anxiety medication, but I really hate pills.

That's it for now folks. Not sure when I'll post next so if I don't get to it before Monday, I'll be sure to let you know how the surgery went.

Have a great weekend and be well!

4 comments:

Caron said...

I'm glad you took the time to update us. I haven't spent much time in a hospital, but it does produce anxiety for most of us.

The good thing is that it will be completed soon and you can concentrate on recovery.

Isn't it great that we can video things so easily so we don't have to completely miss them?

Sarah G said...

Big hugs!! Speedy recovery my friend!

KajunDee said...

Unfortunately, I have had more surgeries than most peeps due to medical probs, I always freak out. I write letters to each of my family...the whole 9 yards. Spend time with your family and try writing them each a letter or make them videos, it helps me. Speedy recovery!

Choppy T said...

Don`t worry about it. BMI is terribly skewed when you have even a little bit of muscle.
choppysreviews.com