Monday, June 17, 2013

The Thoughts in my Head

Too much going on, not enough energy, to compost an actual post. So, here's life in a random nutshell...


We had a nice Father's Day weekend. I got some really nice pics of hubby and our girls. I think I'll frame one for his desk at work. They're a handsome bunch!

Hubby's company picnic was this weekend. They had BBQ pulled chicken and I ate some! The best part about it, aside from the fact that it was delicious and warm and salty, is that I didn't throw up after eating it. It was pure heaven. However, I was up 3 pounds on the scale the next morning, so I'm guessing it was loaded with salt on top of salt. I don't care. It was yummy.

Yesterday we spent a couple hours weeding the yard. If you know my hubby, it's hard to believe he did this willingly. He does a lot, but getting dirty and doing outside stuff is not one of them.
He's been offering to help in the yard lately, which is awesome since we live on a huge piece of land!
Also, I get tired really easily so having him out there with me has been great.

Today is the first day of summer school for the girls. Here they have fun summer programs that we can sign up for. It's not like summer school when I was in school, where you had to go because you failed something!
My little one is taking paper mache. She likes making messes and I like when she makes them some place other than our home!

In the hours that the girls are at summer school, I'm cleaning the master bath. This bathroom is HUGE. It's larger than some people's bedrooms. I don't know whose idea it was to make it so large, but because of its size, I rarely clean it from top to bottom. Today is the day it gets done. I feel the need to disinfect before my upcoming surgery.

We are seriously considering bringing my MIL in for week 2 after my surgery. Hubby will be home with me the first week, and I should be fine for him to go back to work on the second week. However, we were talking 'worst case scenarios' last night, and what the heck we would do if I had a complication. We have no support system here. Sure, nice enough neighbors, but nobody who we could ask to watch our kids, or run a load of laundry. So, looks like the grandma may be enlisted to help out.

I cleaned out both kids closets. I packed away the winter stuff, packed a bag for the good will, and organized what was left. It was a big job and I needed a nap afterwards, but it makes it so much easier getting them dressed in the morning when there's less stuff to choose from.
Glad that's over.

I'm on liquids all day today because we're going out for our Father's Day dinner tonight. The place where hubby always chooses to go has Monday night specials, and he can't pass up a good deal.
I figure if I take it easy all day, I might have a chance of being able to eat something tonight. Fingers crossed.

I received the medical report from my HIDA scan in the mail the other day. It states my gallbladder is only working at 13%. The secretary I spoke to said 15%. So, it looks like it's even worse than we thought!
At this point I think it has nearly completely shut down, for several reasons.
I have severe dizzy spells, to the point of almost blacking out. I feel like I'm being poisoned (which technically, I guess I am). I have to take laxatives and stool softeners daily, and still am not 'regular'. Not even close. My belly gets really big and bloated as the day goes on. I'm exhausted all the time. I could sleep 12 hours at night and still need a nap by noon. In fact, I just cleaned the bathroom and I need a nap now!
Long story short...I can't wait to get back to normal!

Well folks, that's life in a nutshell for me today.
I wish you all well.
Have a good one!


4 comments:

Robyn's Nest said...

Honey, so sorry you are going through all this. I hope they get you straightened out fast!

Caron said...

Very interesting. I only knew of people having horrible pain with gall bladder problems. I did not know about the other symptoms. I know you will be glad to get this over and done! Hope you do have help during the recovery time.

Beth Ann said...

13% or 15%, that's crazy. I'm so glad you are going to feel better soon.

Read said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this, but am glad the resolution is on the horizon!!! Definitely get grandma to help. There won't be any complications, but it will still be nice to have someone there you can rely on!!