Friday, July 26, 2013

Let's Catch Up, Shall We?

Eh, once again I missed Ten Things Thursday yesterday.
I had to do grocery shopping with both my kiddos, which takes twice as long because they have to stop and look at EVERYTHING in the store, so that sucked up half my day.

Anyway, I do have some random thoughts going on, so even though it's Friday, I'll share them with you.

1. I have my lemon/cucumber water in the fridge right now. Thanks Judi for sharing that idea of a refreshing, healthy, detox.
I've been getting a lot of acne lately for no known reason, so I thought I better give this idea a try. Besides, we could all use more water, right?!

2. My kids have discovered old episodes of "Jon and Kate Plus Eight" on Net Flix. They love watching those little kids grow up. *sigh*, I had to break the news to them that the parents broke up. Now they're sad.

3. On Wednesday I made black bean brownies for the girls. They're super healthy and full of protein. Of course I had 2 of them myself. I thought I was fine, but spent the rest of the day throwing up and was unable to eat dinner. I believe it was way too much fiber for me. I still felt irritated yesterday so didn't eat much and pushed the liquids all day. I'm back down to 157.
I'm hoping this is nothing and it was just too early. Fingers crossed.

4. It's been a lot cooler here in Wisconsin this week which means I've been walking outside again. It feels great!

5. I've been reading a lot about being vegetarian. I think that's where I'm headed since I still can't tolerate meat. Keep in mind that I haven't eaten red meat in over 20 years, so it's just been chicken and turkey for me. But even those lean meats come back to haunt me.
I have to say I'm not missing it. I love fruits and veggies, beans, tofu, etc. I don't think I'll ever give up eating fish, but the other stuff I could care less about. We'll see how it goes.

6. Both my kids have recently learned how to ride bikes without training wheels. That means there's been a lot of falling down lately. Yesterday I told them I was going to run in the house for a minute to turn the oven on and I'd be right back.
Well, of course that was the exact moment my 6 year old fell off her bike. Onto her FACE. Lots of blood, swollen lips, road rash. Nice. Ugh!

Well, both kids are up and ready to start their day so that's it for me. Only 6 random things today.

I hope you're all getting out and enjoying your summer so far!
Be well.

4 comments:

Caron said...

Our only trip to the emergency room was when we took the training wheels off our six year old's bike and she crashed the next day.

I have been eating more meat lately, but mostly chicken. I don't think I'll ever be vegetarian, but that same daughter that crashed went that direction several years ago.

Beth Ann said...

I think it is easier to do something like give up meat or gluten when it makes you feel bad to eat it. I have learned to avoid things that make me feel bad with my band that I never thought I would. I can't imagine giving up meat, but I know I would if it made me sick!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

You are sooo right...it is downright chilly here in WI this week. I never take my kids grocery shopping with me because it takes twice as long so I hear ya.

speck said...

I hope your recovery is still going well. Thankfully you have that behind you now.

You know, I've thought about being a vegetarian but honey I love my burgers. Not steak, just burgers.

It sounds like you know you can do it so good for you!