Thursday, July 11, 2013

Life is Good, TTT Style!

Hey Folks! It's Thursday and I'm happy!
I've been meaning to post all week but sometimes life (and kids) gets in the way.
So here are my Ten Things on this wonderful Thursday...

1. On Tuesday I felt hunger. Real, honest-to-goodness hunger, just before lunch. I realized I hadn't felt that in a very long time. For several months I've been eating to survive, and to keep my hair, but not because I've been hungry.
That tells me things are healing and the gallbladder was the culprit of my problems.

2. Almost all of the glue has fallen off my incisions and everything looks good. I'm pleased.

3. Yesterday and today I went for a 40 minute walk in the morning. The first real exercise I've had since last Sunday and it felt awesome! I can't wait to get back into the gym.

4. My surgeon says I can have my post-op appt. here in Wisconsin with my general doctor. Not having to drive back to Illinois will save me 4 hours travel time and a lot of gas. This makes me happy!

5. I can poop! Yes, I know that may be TMI for most people, but I have to share. I've been suffering from severe constipation for so long that just that simple act was like the heavens opening up and angels singing!
Hallelujah, amen, let the church say AMEN!

6. We went to an outdoor concert last night and I had a glass of wine. I didn't wake up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck Another step in the right direction.

7. Hubby and I went out to dinner the other night. MIL is in town and suggested we take the opportunity for a date. I was very careful about what I ordered but I ate everything and it ALL STAYED DOWN! No heart burn, no puking. That, my friends, is like a mini miracle!

8. I'm maintaining 158.5, even with my new adventures with food.

9. My daughter was playing around with her new tape measure, and learning how to measure things. She decided to measure mommy and we discovered that my waist is back down to it's pre-surgery 34"! All the bloating and swelling is gone. I put on my size 10 denim shorts and they went right on, zipped, and no discomfort. I had to giggle.

10. I'm just about out of all my 'safety foods' like soy yogurt, which means today I need to venture out and try other things. I really need to see if I have any issues/attacks. I'm still scared but feeling more confident due to all the things I listed above. Wish me luck!

That's it for now folks.
Get out there and have a great day!
Be well.

2 comments:

Caron said...

This is such a happy, hopeful post and I'm so glad things are looking up for you. Enjoy!

Beth Ann said...

Love that you bounced back from surgery super fast!