Monday, July 8, 2013

Some Pre and Post-Op Shots, and an Update

Hey All!
I've been meaning to do this post all week but just haven't found the time. Plus, my kids are always on my laptop, where my pics are stored, so my opportunity for posting is limited while they're home!

Anyway, I took some belly pics the day before surgery. I was really feeling down about having more scarring, and figured I'd be hating my body after the gallbladder removal. Not that I ever go around showing off my abs, but still, I just wanted to keep my mostly normal looking body!

Here is what the belly looked like one day before surgery. Keep in mind I haven't been doing my grueling work outs in a while because of all my dizziness and nausea, and just plain exhaustion. Even with that said, I don't think it looks too bad for a person who has lost about 80 pounds!

Not sucking in the gut, my ribs really do stick out that much!


Dontcha' just love my port? Remember I had tried to get it moved and swapped out for a low-profile one while I was under for the gallbladder surgery, but that was a no go. I'll have to live with it!

Now, here's the same belly one day after surgery, with about 6 pounds of bloat and swelling. Yes, I weighed myself and I was 166!
It took a couple days, and LOTS of peeing, but I'm back to normal. In fact, I'm down to 158 now.




I have to admit, it didn't turn out all that bad. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the incisions would be a lot bigger, and that my belly button would be more affected.

Today is one week since surgery, and things look even better than they do here. I didn't take another pic but promise I will soon.
The glue is starting to come off on its own. All incisions look clean and are healing nicely.

The good news is I haven't had any of that nasty acid/bile reflux that I was having in the back of my throat. I also am not having the pain at the top of my right rib cage, which makes sense because that's where the faulty gallbladder was. Now that it's gone, I shouldn't be having pain there!
I am however terrified to try to eat real food. Today I had a protein shake for breakfast, soy yogurt fur lunch, soy ice cream for snack, and oatmeal for dinner. All stayed down and didn't cause an attack. I'd like to try more solid foods but I've been living with this problem for so long, I've been conditioned to stay away from most solids. Once I'm fully healed I'll start adding more foods. That way if I throw up, at least I won't be blowing a stitch!

I'm slowly getting my energy back and feeling better with each day.

That's it for now folks. Have a great night!

2 comments:

Caron said...

I can certainly understand you being cautious about adding solid food but hopefully you can do that very soon. Thanks for sharing the pictures. You look great. :)

Beth Ann said...

Would you find it weird if I told you that you have a rockin body? Cause you do!