Monday, August 12, 2013

MIA For Many Reasons

I know I haven't been around much. I suck at this blogging thing. I haven't even been reading your blogs much. I have lots of reasons for my absence.

Ya' see, I usually read all your blogs while I'm at work, since I sit at a computer for the most part of my day. Well, I've only worked once in two weeks and that day was SUPER busy, so I only read and commented on a couple blogs. I didn't have any time to write a post of my own.

Also, I've been spending lots of time with my munchkins, feeling like summer has been slipping away too fast. We hardly got any summer, and now its almost gone already! I have that pit-if-the-stomach feeling of impending doom, because I have to send them back to school very soon. It's depressing.

Now that I'm healed and feeling TONS better after gallbladder surgery, I'm struggling with maintaining my weight. For so long I wasn't able to eat any solid protein, and some days I survived on cereal alone. Now that I can eat more,  I need to focus on breaking the bad habits that helped me survive when I was so sick. Cereal is no longer my friend. I must stop the maddness.


In other news, I'm doing the Dirty Girl this weekend.
It's happens to fall on my 3 year bandiversary, so what better way to celebrate, right?!
Well, I'm a total slacker and haven't trained much for any sort of obstacles. At least the ladies I'm running with haven't been training either, so I won't look like a total loser. They also don't know I've had weight loss surgery, and I don't plan on telling them. I do plan on having my picture taken at the race and sending it to my surgeon along with a thank you note for giving me a new life. He should get a kick out of that.

That's it for now. I hope you'll all forgive me for being absent!
Have a great evening, and stay well.

4 comments:

Caron said...

All's forgiven. I know exactly what you mean about summer ending so fast and the kiddos going back to school. Check in when you can. :)

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Good luck at the race. Good to hear from you. I hear you on the summer thing...it makes me sooo sad.

Sarah G said...

Good luck at the race!!

Beth Ann said...

Ohhh...good luck!