Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ten Things Thursday!

Hey Peeps. It's Thursday, my favorite day. Here are my 10 random things...

1. Yesterday it was nearly 90 degrees and sunny. I had to work. Today I'm off and it's barely 70 and raining. Just my luck. We did get to spend a lot of time at the library due to the weather though, and I love that my kids love the library. Not to mention that my little one checked out a book about the stock market. She's a riot.

2. My neighbor, whose daughter is a pastry chef, brought over some absolutely to die for fudge brownies last night. She could quickly become my favorite neighbor, except for what happened next...

3. Said neighbor also brought my kids one of those floor piano things, like in the movie BIG. Yeah, that was fun for the first 5 minutes. I don't care how good her brownies are, that piano is likely to drive me bonkers!

4. Remember last week I said I upgraded to a smart phone? Well, it is now called the Stupid Phone. It gets absolutely no reception in my house, and I have to go out to the driveway to make a call. Hubby's phone is just fine. No problems there.
Let me tell you the customer service at Verizon SUCKS the big one. I literally had to leave the store last night and sit in my car because I was going to blow a gasket. All I want is a phone that actually works, is that asking too much? I'll be writing a letter of complaint once this is all straightened out.

5. I'm pretty sure I've become a pescetarian. I can eat fish and I love fish. All kinds. I've come to grips with the fact that most of the time I just can't digest chicken, and after watching a friends video of a chicken processing plant, I'm really done.
We like fish but had only been having it once a week because of cost. Well, I'm worth the price of a good meal so I'll be buying lots of fish from now on, and enjoying hot, protein packed meals with my family. Yum.

6. The kids in Wisconsin don't start school until after Labor Day and that makes me happy. Of course there are days when the kids drive me crazy, but for the most part I like having them home. We've been doing fun things together and making great memories. Things that my parents never took the time to do. They grow up too fast so I plan to enjoy them while they're little.

7. My husbands China based employees are coming in for a visit. I think it's a first trip to the U.S. for both of them. We're hosting them for dinner one night. I'm planning an All-American meal of grilled chicken, hot dogs, pasta salad, watermelon, apple pie. Hubby says I'm doing too much because they're teeny tiny ladies and don't eat much.
I'm excited to meet them and hope they enjoy their American experience.

8. Hubby will be working late tomorrow night and won't be home for dinner. I told the girls we could go out to eat since Dad won't be home. The decided they'd like to eat at Costco. Seriously. What is wrong with my children!? $1.50 slice of pizza makes them happy.

9. This is the princess crown thingy I got for the girsl at the state fair. I'm sure I could make these myself, they look pretty easy. If either of my kids decided they want to have a princess birthday party again, I'm going to make these for the party guests. So fun!


10. Since I posted pics of myself the other day, and they were all of me on the race day with no make up, I decided I should post another one of how I normally look when I go out in public! Here's one from earlier this month.


That's it for today folks.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

KajunDee said...

We are blessed to have plenty seafood, chicken never worked for me when my band had restriction.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I love the Wisconsin rule...we get two more weeks of summer this way. You are so darn cute!

The Vegan Gypsy said...

Great pics! I had a princess party for my middle daughter when she turned 6 years old (seems so long ago!) and made those headband thingies for all of the guests. They were easy, you could definitely do it yourself! :)

Beth Ann said...

Stupid phone. Tee hee. I have one of those.