Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Three Years and Time to Come Out

Saturday was my 3 year Bandiversary. I honestly can't believe 3 years have passed, and that I'm here, holding strong and maintaining my weight loss.

I celebrated the momentous day by doing the Dirty Girl Mud Run. There's no way in hell I would have even thought about doing that when I was rocking the scales at 230+. I would have been embarrassed about my size, and I wouldn't have been able to do many of the obstacles.
There were 8 of us who did the run together and I was far from the slowest or heaviest of the group. In fact there were only 3 of us who really wanted to run, and not walk. I felt great, all while being especially careful not to leave out those who are less fit, because I know how that feels.

So, in keeping with tradition, I'm posting before and after pictures. However, this time I'm not blocking out my face. I've decided that I really don't care any more if people know I had weight loss surgery. I'm certainly not going around town broadcasting it, but if people find out and see my face on my blog, well, there are worse things in the world. I'm not ashamed. I'm sure there are people who have already guessed, and that's fine too.
I know that it's not just the band doing all the work, and that truth is good enough for me.

August 2010
So here goes...
August 2013



















I feel less fit than I should be since I've not been in the gym much this summer. However, looking at my before picture makes me feel a little less bad about that. I've come a long way and I will focus on the positive.

Want to see pics from the Mud Run?
I tried to crop out the other ladies, but here are the before and after shots from that day...



Yes, our shirts said "Let's Get Naked"! Not my idea, but it was funny and we got a lot of attention.

The course was NASTY. We had mud where mud should not be. Our shoes, socks and underwear had to be thrown in the garbage. That being said, it was a ton of fun and I'd do it again!

This past 3 years hasn't always been easy. I've had my struggles with the band. But I have to say I wouldn't be where I am today without it. I wouldn't have been able to do this without some help. I am thankful for the kick start I got from my band and my surgeon.

So here I am, coming out and showing my face after 3 years of anonymity. I hope you're not too disappointed!

Have a great night and be well my friends, be well!


10 comments:

Sarah G said...

Congrats! You look fabulous lady!

KajunDee said...

What a fun way to celebrate!

Caron said...

Congratulations on three successful years and putting up with all that mud. It's great to see your face. :)

Catherine55 said...

Happy 3rd bandiversary! Awesome on the run, and it's great to finally SEE you on here! :)

Theresa aka Tessie Rose said...

Congratulations! And you're so cute, glad to finally see your face!

Jody V said...

Congratulations! You look amazing and I agree that it's great to see you!

mybizzykitchen.com said...

Hooray for coming out of the shadows! I think my husband would prefer I not post so many pictures of myself - ha!

Congrats!!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Oh my gosh - you're as cute as I knew you would be....so fun to see you!!!! xoxo

Justawallflower said...

I am doing one of these next year! I can't wait for it! My first 5K was last weekend, and I have another planned for December. Then I think the mud run that we're doing is in March (I'd have to double check that). So glad to hear that you had such a good time!

Beth Ann said...

Holy crap!! It is your face!! I hate when I get behind. :-) You are one beautiful lady and I'm so happy you are all out in the open. <3 you, girlie!!