Thursday, September 5, 2013

And Sometimes the Universe Wins

For those of you who applauded me the other day when I posted about not letting the universe win in the battle to get to the gym, I'm here to tell you that I don't always win that battle.

There are always going to be days that we just don't make it. Today was one of those days for me.

Last night Aunt Flo came to town. She brought with her a bag of vengeance. It seems every other month (alternating ovaries?) I get hit with a period that could be compared to Satan's wrath.

Sorry if you're not a TMI lover like myself, but I'm here to tell you the real deal.
This morning I was in so much actual PAIN from our little monthly visitor, that it felt like someone left a knife in my lower abdomen. A sharp knife. A sharp knife that every so often would move around and stab me mercilessly. I actually yelped in pain more than once, like I was in labor.

Add to the pain what can only be described as hemmorrhaging (had to look up how to spell that sucker!) It's bad, and only seems to be getting worse with age.
I have an appointment with the lady doc next week for a biopsy just to be sure there's nothing serious going on in there. In the meantime, I deal with this lovely horror show every other month.

So, long story long. I did NOT make it to the gym today. I was supposed to do Body Pump. I did the class on Tuesday after takin the summer off. It's recommended you do it again in about 48 hours to release the lactic acid in the muscles. Nope. Didn't happen.
Instead, I lay in bed releasing cries of pain and desperation.

Tomorrow will be a better day for sure.
Until then, be well!

3 comments:

Justawallflower said...

I rotate months, one being as you just described and the other being so emotional that a folders commercial will bring me to tears. I never thought about the rotating ovaries. I'm sure that is what it is. My doc wants me to go have a d&c done to kind of reset things. I don't have a girls parts doc tho. I should probably get on finding one....

Vanessa said...

Thats terrible...be kind to yourself - cramps suck - I used to get them so bad I would lay on the bathroom floor crying...then I got an IUD...been fine for 7 years!

Beth Ann said...

That Flo chick is a b*tch. She ruins everything.