Friday, September 6, 2013

"It's Not a Tumah!"

Remember Kindergarten Cop when Arnold kept saying "It's NOT a tumah" in his strong accent, but he was really saying 'tumor'.
Well, I went to the Dermo today to get my tomor removed. The technical name for it is Lipoma, which is a very common fatty tumor.
I hate the word tomor because it brings to mind cancer, but really it's just a big blob of fat that won't let go of the body.
I've likely had it for decades, but didn't know it until I lost a bunch of weight. Most of the time the doctor will say to just leave it alone, but because mine was huge, he suggested I have it taken out.

I had no idea it could be done right in the doctors office or I would have done it earlier.
I went to the Dermatologists office, he numbed me up, waited a couple minutes, and started cutting.

The worst part was hearing the cutting, digging, and snipping! I kept thinking I should have brought ear plugs. Even though I couldn't actually feel what he was doing, I could hear it and that was grossing me out big time. I just kept praying that I wouldn't feel anything while he was working in there!

Of course I asked to see the blob once it was removed and I was stitched up. That sucker was huge! I should have taken a picture of it. Even though it was attached to some other tissue in my arm and it gave him a hard time, he was able to get it out all in one piece.

I have 4 stitches. I haven't peeked yet because I'm bandaged up pretty well.
No pain so far. Just a little tugging feeling, I'm assuming from the stitches.

So, there you have it. If you have a Lipoma and have wondered if you should have it taken care of, I'm here to tell you that it's really no biggie. Find a good Dermatologist and get it done!


5 comments:

KajunDee said...

Glad it was so simple .I remember having one removed from my wrist in high school ,it was a huge deal with anesthesia and everything.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

You totally should have weighed it. Heal fast.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

You totally should have weighed it. Heal fast.

Jody V said...

I have one on the back of my neck. I feel like a hunchback! I have to lose a lot of weight first. Glad to know it didn't hurt!

Beth Ann said...

I can't believe you didn't get a picture. So disappointing. Yet I'm so relieved. Ha!