Monday, September 16, 2013

Just Call Me...

Bad Ass! OK, I've never been the sort of person who would be described as tough, or bad ass. But wait until I tell you this story. You'll think I'm hard core! Remember a little over a week ago I had that Lipoma removed from my arm. The doctor was all "you can go right back to working out, No restrictions". Ha! I tried to hop down my front steps to go get the mail 2 days post-op and thought I'd die from the jiggling that happened in my arm, which caused pain. I tried to run 3 days post-op and still couldn't handle the impact of the jiggle. I power walked instead. 4 days post-op I went to the gym and did Pody Pump. I took it easy, but worked out and felt great. So, here comes the bad ass part... I decided that on Thursday, 6 days post-op, I would not only do Body pump again, but I would do Combat too. A good old two-fer! I bought an ace bandage to wrap my flappy arm up and avoid the dreaded jiggle. I wrapped that sucker up tight and got ready to kick some serious butt in Combat class. I had to take it easy on the left side but seemed to be keeping up just fine. Then, I started to feel some burning sensation in the incision area. I tried to adjust the wrap a couple times, but kept on going. Still burning, then a poking sensation. I wouldn't stop though. Had to get my sweat on! Once I got home from the gym I unwrapped and got ready to get in the shower. I decided to look at my incision wtih my magnifying mirror. Ready for this? I RIPPED A STITCH! There was the little stitch, just hanging out, not in the skin where it's supposed to be, and there was the line of separated skin where the stitch should be. Have you ever seen when someone has an earring ripped out of their ear lobe? That line that separates the two pieces of skin? Yeah, I have that. That burning sensation was actually my stitch pulling out of my skin! Is this considered a sports related injury? I've never had one of those in my life, and it would be cook to be able to say I did. Only two more days of stitches and I won't even have to worry about it anymore. My bad ass husband will remove them for me (because I'm too chicken to do it myself!). Have a good day!

1 comment:

Justawallflower said...

Girl, you total bad-a!!!! Please don't do that again! Lol!