Thursday, September 26, 2013

Ten Things Thurday!

I haven't done a TTT post in a while. Sometimes life is just too busy to sit and think of 10 things. So, here goes...

1. In two days the hubs and I are doing our races. I'm supposed to run a 10K and he's doing a half marathon. I've never run more than 4 miles at a time, but we signed up for this race ages ago. I figured I had plenty of time to train. Well, then I got sick, and had gallbladder surgery, and then had a tumor removed, then got a sinus infection. So, with all that said, I totally suck and didn't train properly for this thing. I'm lucky if I can run 2 miles, let alone 6. But, I signed up for this and I believe in fulfilling my commitments.
I'm gonna' finish this thing if it darn near kills me.
Wish me luck!

2. The in-laws are in town and loving every  minute of spoiling the girls. We even went to school today to surprise them and have lunch with them. So cute.

3. As promised, here is a picture from my birthday weekend. We went to the zoo because it was elephant appreciation day, and the elephant is my absolute favorite animal. It's like it was all just for me!


4. I don't think I mentioned it before but after my tumor removal, which was super easy and done in a doctor's office, I was sick for weeks. I had to stick to full liquids or run the risk of puking for hours. I was getting so sad because it was like the whole gallbladder thing all over again.
Then, I was talking to one of my nurse friends who said it sounds like I'm one of the few people who have a severe physical reaction to all forms of anesthesia. That's what the hubby had said too, that it seems like my body takes a super long time to adjust after any sort of procedure. I guess he was right.
I'm happy to report that I'm back to being able to eat real food again. I even had some turkey chili last night and it all stayed down! Oh, how I have missed food.

5. Now that I can eat again, I'm finding I have forgotten how to live the bandster lifestyle. I haven't counted calories, or logged food in a journal in ages. I didn't have to. If I ate ice cream, that was fine because it was probably the only thing I'd be eating the whole day, so the calories didn't much matter.
I have to admit that yesterday while I was packing my lunch, I kept staring at what was in my bag and wondering if it was eough or not enough. I was lost!
I must get back in the routine again because my band is nearly empty, so it's all on me now.

6. We're taking the kids organic apple picking on Saturday. I'm excited to make apple sauce. Fall is my favorite season.

7. I went around and caulked all our new windows today. The installer suggested that we do that to make sure we keep all the cold air out this winter, since there can be small gaps that let in the cold. I felt like such a super woman with my caulk gun!

8. It's not even October yet and my kids are talking about Christmas on a daily basis. They can't wait. They've told me how lucky they feel that they get 3 Christmases when most kids only get 1. We have our Christmas here at home, then we drive to NY and have Christmas with the grand folks, then at my sisters house on Christmas day, so they're right, they do get 3! Lucky ducks.

9. We're celebrating my older daughter's birthday on Sunday even though it's not until next month. Since the grandparents are here, we want to do it with them. Of course when it's her actual birthday she'll get a special breakfast, and a small gift from us, but the big deal is this weekend. I can't believe she's going to be 8! Where did the time go?

10. I suppose I should get my butt up and start prepping a dinner for tonight. Sitting here, being lazy feels so good though!

Have a great night folks.
Enjoy this gorgeous fall weather and be well!

1 comment:

Sarah G said...

Run if you can, walk if need to, crawl if you must! :)