Thursday, October 3, 2013

TTT, Why Can't I Get My Act Together on Any Other Day?

I NEVER have time to post all the million things running around in my head. Ugh. It's Thursday, so I guess I'll just give it to you by the numbers...Ten Things Thursday!

1. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE a good bargain. I can sniff a clearance sale a mile away. I ran into Penney's today to do an exchange for my kids and found a rack of boys and girls swim suits for...wait for it...


.97!

Yes, I bought 14 of them. My total was $14.97. I was calling people asking them what size their kids wear! 
I might go back tomorrow. I don't think I got enough.

2. I've been trying to do 'random acts of kindness' this month. I have a friend who does that every year during her birthday month and she blogs about it.
I haven't been posting about each act, but have just been trying to do more positive things.
So today, I did my weekly grocery shopping and I always go to the same cashier. She is awesome, and super patient. I always have a tone of price matching and coupons, which takes a lot longer. 
I decided to buy a package of fall-ish cookies from the bakery and give them to her as a thank you. I had them rung up separately and stapled the receipt to the bag, then tried to give them to her. She was so nervous! She said they'd fire her if anyone found out she accepted a gift from a customer.
Really? I can't thank a person for doing an awesome job!? I felt terrible.
So I went to the front end manager, explained what was going on, and he assured me he would make sure she got the cookies and she would not be in trouble. He told me he would put them in the break room with her name on them.
Sheesh, try to do something good and almost get someone fired!

3. I ran my first 10K last Saturday. I've been meaning to write an entire blog post about it, and of course, never find the time.
I finished in 1:27. Hubby tells me that is a great time, especially since the course was super hilly. He did the half marathon so he is well aware of the hills! He said everyone was complaining about the course.
I kept saying this would be my last race, and that I'd be retiring once I got this out of the way.
I have to admit, running that race felt great and as I crossed the finish line, I thought I might want to do it again. I must have lost my mind somewhere out there!
Here's a pic taken at 6:00am, just before leaving for the race...

Had to crop out the hubby. Not sure if he wants his face on here.
I swear, my 2 shirts make me look pregnant. I assure you, I am not.

4. I'm having an Upper-GI and Esophogram next week. I've been banded for 3 years and before I go for my 3 year follow-up, I want to make sure everything is OK in there. I still have some mild heartburn almost every day which is a bit concerning to me. Better to know for sure.

5. It's still about 80 degrees here this week. Seems odd for October, but I'm not hating it. The kids are itching ot wear some of their school clothes that are long sleeve, but they'll just have to suffer through! We actually went out for ice cream the other night and watched the sunset at the beach. That's my kind of fall weather.

6. Poor Kiddo #1, the one with the anxiety problem, forgot I was not picking her up from school today. I get a call at 4pm. from another parent telling me she is at the school and my daughter is crying, wondering where I am. Thankfully the buses hadn't left yet and they were able to get her on it, otherwise I would have had to run to the school to get her, and try to be back home before kiddo #2 got off the bus! So happy that mom happened to have my phone number in her phone.

7. My sister is coming for 5 days next month. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am. She's the most awesome person I've ever known, and I get to call her my sister. Girl time rocks!

8. Went to the doc last week for a sinus infection. They gave me humongous horse pills of Amoxicillin. I was doing OK cutting them into 1/4 and taking them slowly. Then, one night I took one without eating first and I was up sick all night with stomach cramps and some vomiting. I haven't taken one since and I'm just hoping like heck that the infection is gone. If not, I'll certainly be asking for something different. Enough of yuck-o tummy killing pills.

9. It's almost 8pm. I've been working on this post for several hours!

10. I need to go sit down and watch some mindless television. I'm holding out hope that the new Sean Hayes show is funny, since I was disappointed in the Michael J. Fox premiere last week.

Have a good night folks!

2 comments:

twenty kilos to go said...

I am soo glad that you mentioned your heartburn. I got banded about the same time as you, and am getting heartburn everyday too. I talked to my doctor about it, especially when I have a wine, and he said, "Yeah. heaps of people get that." Tell me if you find something different - I miss my sav blancs! Well done on the marathon! You are amazing : )

Sarah G said...

Next time asks for liquid amoxicillin!