Friday, January 3, 2014

Does Not Follow Instructions

That's what my report card would say if I was still in school.


  • Pleaure to have in class. 
  • Very sociable. 
  • Does not follow instructions.


So, my surgeon said if I was feeling OK and not on the pain meds, I could go about my normal routine. However, my husband said "Don't over do it today. You won't have me here to remind you constantly to rest, so please, don't overdo it!".

I think 'overdo' it is my middle name.
First I headed out to my favorite store (Tar-Get) for some awesome post-Christmas deals. I do this every year, it's a must for me. I love a good bargain and the week after Christmas is the time to get them.

Then of course, since we had been out of town for a week, I had to get groceries. I headed across the street to WallyWorld for that. Well, they also had TONS of great mark downs from Christmas. We're talking 75% off people! I couldn't pass those deals up. Especially since my kids are always getting invited to parties and we need presents to give. I don't pay full price for anything.

I was doing fine until my cart was filled to overflowing, and really too heavy for me to be pushing. Sure, I knew I shouldn't be doing it, and was thinking about how I was going to have to unload all that stuff once I got home, but that didn't stop me.

When I got home I was super tired and sore. I took a peek at my incisions and sure enough, I had popped one open. Just a teensie tiny bit, but still, it popped. Not cool. My first thought: Hubby will not be happy about this one!

I couldn't wait for the kids to go to bed so I could take a pain pill!
Feeling much better this morning. You know how I know I'm feeling better? Well, because I've already changed the sheets on 2 of the beds, done 2 loads of laundry, and am working on dusting the bedroom!
I must be stopped. I can't be trusted to take care of myself.

Sigh.

On a more positive note, we had salad for dinner last night. SALAD! It felt so good to eat something green for a change, and have no pain afterwards.

It's the little things in life I tell ya'.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Crazy lady! :-) But seriously, be careful. I'm SO glad you are feeling better.

twenty kilos to go said...

WHat fun is doing what you are told to?