Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Ten Things Wednesday

I've come to realize that even though I love the idea of Ten Things Thursday, I don't often get to write one because of my schedule. I have the time right now to type some random stuff, so I'm calling it Ten Things Wednesday.
Here you go...

1. Hubby comes home tomorrow. It's been 12 days. We all miss him and I'm sure he's exhausted and ready to be home. We've already planned a lunch and movie date for Friday while the kids are in school.

2. Every Thursday I do the grocery shopping. Every Wednesday I think about how I should find the time and ambition to give the fridge a good cleaning before filling it up with groceries again. I realized I never do it because I work on Wednesdays. Well, today I had the day off and finally got it done. That sucker was disgusting. I guess when you eat as much fresh food as we do in our family, it makes a mess of the fridge.

3. On Tuesday I did two back to back classes at the gym. Weight lifting and kick boxing. For the whole rest of the day I felt completely wiped out. That got me thinking about what's going to happen to me when I can't work out like this anymore. There's going to come a day when I won't be able to do the high impact exercise that I do now. Will I gain all the weight back? That's a terrifying thought.

4. I've been wanting to watch "12 Years a Slave" for a while now. I put it on hold at the library and there were about a million people ahead of me in line. My number came up while we were away on vacation so I had to let it go. I put it on hold again once we got home and I got the notice today that it was ready. I was so excited because I knew hubby would not want to watch it, and I could see it while he's still away.
Well, I get to the library and find out it's the damn BOOK version they had for me! Don't get me wrong, I'm an avid reader, but seriously, who wants to read the book when there's an Oscar nominated movie out that tells the whole story in color. Gaaah!

5. I made these muffins today. I made a batch with the gluten free flour and one with regular whole wheat flour. Both turned out fantastic. Oh, I also skipped the sugar completely. The bananas are sweet enough, the sugar wasn't necessary. I loved them. The kids loved them. In fact the little one asked me to put them in her lunch tomorrow instead of a sandwich. I love when I find a healthy recipe that they'll actually eat.

6. I had some sort of nightmare last night that I can't really remember except that I woke up screaming and thinking someone was standing over my bed looking at me. I actually yelled out loud! After that I couldn't get back to sleep for several hours. This morning my little one told me she heard me yell last night.
Tonight may be a Benadryl kind of night.

7. Tomorrow's the first day of spring and these legs are so ready to get out there and walk some hills. I Can't Wait!

8. Still doing no dairy for Lent. Do you know how hard it is to have taco salad with no cheese and no Greek yogurt? Torture.

9. I don't have a drop of Irish blood in my body, neither does the husband. We've never celebrated St. Patrick's Day. The thought has never crossed my mind to decorate for that particular holiday. My kids are having a fit that I don't have any St. Pat's decorations. I'm hoping I can pick some up at a deep discount tomorrow while I'm doing my grocery shopping, so I'll be ready for next year!

10. It's officially past my bedtime, especially after my rough night last night. So, with that I bid you farewell.

Have a great night, have a wonderful Thursday.
Be well!

3 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Nightmares suck. :( I passed the muffin recipe on to BFF. Thanks for sharing!

KajunDee said...

St paddy day has become more of a fun Holliday just because it's a reason to party & we can always use a reason to laugh

Rhonda said...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristen-howerton/can-we-bring-the-holidays_b_2903040.html

Read THIS. Apparently, most parents these days are feeling the same way about these ridiculously over-the-top holidays. LOL

Also, hope you've had nightmare-free evenings lately!