Friday, April 4, 2014

Five Things Friday

Here's my mish-mash of randomness for this week...

1. I've been to the gym every day this week. I can't believe it myself. I just made the decision that I was going to do it, and I did.
In fact on Wednesday the only way I could get in a work out at the gym (not at home), was to be at the gym for a 5:45am. spin class. I needed to be back home in time for my husband to leave for work. It was tough, and I hate morning times that start with a '5', but I did it because I feel I need to step things up a notch in the fitness area of my life. The class was awesome and I felt great the rest of the day. I even met a new person there who says she's going to try to make it an every week thing, I told her I would too, so maybe we'll keep each other accountable.

Today I did my favorite kick boxing class (Body Combat), it was a new release and it totally kicked ass! I loved every second of it.
I really thought that my knee would be bothering me from all this exercise (arthritis), but honestly, I feel fine. My hip acts up a little from time to time, but nothing that would keep me from getting in some exercise.
I have proven to myself that I CAN do it, and therefore, I should.
Here's to many more great weeks like this one!

2. My new winter coat just arrived from L@nds End. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I'm so glad I bit the bullet and went with a good quality product. I'm a cheapo in most aspects of my life, but these winters here are no joke, and I froze my butt off this year. It was awful. This sucker covers my butt, and has a big furry hood! Me and my parka are ready for anything now. Bring it on!
I would take a picture for you but remember my daughter poured a glass of water on my laptop? Yeah, haven't replaced it yet and likely won't until I get the check from my freelance job.

3. I've been enjoying the free small coffee every morning from McD's...have you gotten yours? This goes on until April 15. Get yours tomorrow!

4. I may have to take a short break from blogging. Our main laptop is a goner. The one I'm typing on right now is a VERY old one that my hubby won at work when they were cleaning out the junk from storage. It works but likely won't next week when Windows no longer supports their old operating systems. I hate that! Technology is not my friend. Why can't we just leave things alone.
I don't know much about this windows overhaul, but hubby assures me I will no longer be able to use the computer as it will be 'unsupported' and I'll get a virus.
So, unless I want to try to blog from my phone, I won't be able to post until I get the new laptop. I'll still be reading your posts from work though. I can read posts from work, but can't compose my own. Apparently they expect us to be actually working while at work. Ha!

5. Today is my house cleaning day, which really makes no sense because my kids will be home all weekend just messing it up all over again. But, I must at least get the floors cleaned in order to feel sane. So, that being said, I better get to it!

Have a fantastic and healthy weekend!

1 comment:

Beth Ann said...

Love this: "I just made the decision that I was going to do it, and I did." YES!!