Sunday, April 27, 2014

I'm Back!

Sheesh, my last entry was April 4th! I knew it had been a while, but that's crazy!

First of all, we finally got a new computer in the house. You may remember daughter #1 spilled water on my old one. Well, my freelance checks started rolling in so we picked out a nice new one. We of course have new rules about food and drinks near the computer!

Then, I had 2 weeks of visitors for Easter and Spring break. The last of them just left at 5:00 this morning. There has been no time for blogging with all this activity at my house!

Today is the kids last day of their spring break. I'm sure they'll be sad to have to go back to school tomorrow, and I'll be sad to not have them with me here every day. However, I'll be glad to get back to my normal routine.

Even with the constant stream of visitors here, I have been keeping up with my exercise. I didn't get to do kick boxing this week but I did go for several family walks, some power walks on my own, did the elliptical and yoga at home, and did an extra class at the gym on the 2 days when we didn't have company in the house.
I've been eating lots of salads and staying as low carb as possible. That seems to help me maintain my weight.

Remember I gave up dairy for Lent? Well, that went so well that I decided to just live without it whenever possible. I was less gassy and definitely less bloated during Lent, so dairy is just not good for my system.
However, with the folks here this week, we did go out for pizza once. We chose a quaint little family owned pizza joint in town. We asked the server to put half the cheese they normally use on our pizza. Our whole group was fine with that, and the pizza was delicious without gobs and gobs of cheese.
I did get a little gassy later in the evening but it wasn't terrible. It was a nice treat, but now I'm dairy free again.

So, how am I doing without the band?
It's a struggle, EVERY DAY. I never realized how little I was eating before. I'm hungry all the time. I wake up hungry.
Of course you remember I had lost 8 pounds the week prior to my band removal because I was unable to eat any food at all. That weight came back almost immediately after I was able to start eating again, and I expected as much. My pre-surgery weight was around 165 and I wanted to stay there. Unfortunately I gained 10 more pounds after recovery. I know it could be worse. I've read many blogs of people who lost their band and gained 20-30 pounds right out of the gates. Yes, I'm glad that's not me, but I'm also disappointed in the 10 pound gain.
I am NOT having treats. I don't eat cookies, cake, chocolate, etc. I don't drink alcohol. I eat normal and exercise like a crazy person. It just is what it is.

I remember before the surgery saying "I know I'll gain some weight back but it's worth it if I can eat like a normal person again, and be healthy".
That was a big lie I was telling myself. It's not fine. I'm not OK with it. I hate EVERY ounce of it. I hate my body. I hate the way my clothes fit. I hate that number on the scale.
I'm sure I'll write another whole post about that another day.

For now, just know that I'm back and trying to get caught up on all your blogs (that's a lot of reading!).
I'll be posting more often now.
I hope you've all been well and are having some nice spring weather where you are.

Have a great Sunday. See you soon!

7 comments:

BandedIceGirl said...

yay welcome back. You´ll get back to your weight of choice I am sure :)

Dinnerland said...

Glad to see you back, I've just returned myself. Keep posting, it may help you sort through how to go about getting out of that 'self-hate' thing that you do not deserve.

Dinnerland said...

Glad to see you back, I've just returned myself. Keep posting, it may help you sort through how to go about getting out of that 'self-hate' thing that you do not deserve.

Sarah G said...

Welcome back!! :) :)

Sarah G said...

Welcome back!! :) :)

Beth Ann said...

A. Love you. I hate that it is so freaking hard. :-( B. I love that you have all but given up dairy. Go girl!!

Rhonda said...

I have no idea how one gives up dairy, but I salute you!

And I'm sorry you're having a rough go, we're hovering around-a-bouts the same weight, so if you need someone to text for accountability or just to commiserate... lemme know, I'll shoot you my number!