Tuesday, April 1, 2014

This is No Joke. Seriously.

I hate April Fools' Day.
I'm gullible, I fall for lots of stuff then kick myself for falling for it.

In the words of one of my younger cousins "I want to punch this day in the face!". I love that.

In true April Fools Day fashion, I woke up to an overflowing toilet that wouldn't stop and required the use of many towels, all that now need washing. Lovely start to the day, I must say!

Also, well this was technically over the weekend, not today, but still...my daughter spilled a glass of water on my laptop. Water and electronics do NOT mix.
I was just contemplating how to use the extra money I earned doing a freelance job last week. Now I know.
Children will not be allowed to use the new laptop. End of story.

In other news, we had a gorgeous weekend here in the Midwest. We actually got to to OUTSIDE more than once and didn't require hats, gloves, coats, boots, snow pants, etc. It was glorious.
Today, however...different story.
Cold and wind have returned. Happy Friggin' April First!

I'm so cold I'm ready to go get in the hottest shower known to man and stay there until I'm red like a lobster.

I ordered a huge, warm parka today. Picture big furry hood.
L@nds End was having a clearance and an extra 25% off, and free shipping. Can't beat their quality, so I went for it.
I will be totally prepared for the sub-zero temperatures next winter (or next week with our track record!).

I wanted to share with you my new philosophy, which has nothing to do with April Fools, but I'm sharing it anyway.

Start the day off poorly and you will end the day poorly. 

This is true for me 100% of the time.

Yesterday I had a protein shake for breakfast and felt fine. On my way out the door I grabbed a big handful of Berry Berry Kix, which I NEVER have in the house but had bought as a surprise for the kiddos. They're not allowed to have sugary cereal, so this was a huge treat for them.
Just one handful, no biggie, right? WRONG.

The entire rest of the day was a big ole crap fest of an eating frenzy. I was on a carb mission and couldn't stop myself.

So, my new motto is if I start the day off on the wrong foot, it will end on the wrong foot. Period.

Do yourself a favor, start each day off right. You'll be thankful you did.

That's all for today my friends, I hope you're having a warm and healthy day. No April Fools' for you!

3 comments:

Beth Ann said...

I love that motto! I will have to remember that. Plus, I totally forgot about the April 1st thing, so someone could have really gotten me today.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

A big 'ol crapfest. I've been having a lot of those lately. lol

Rhonda said...

I think you're 100% right. If I start my day off with junk for breakfast, I'm eating and hungry ALL DAY. It's horrible.

I need to cut the carbs in the morning. Boo.