Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Double Doozie

Last I wrote, I was sick sick sick.
I had no idea how sick I was until I finally broke down and sought out some medical attention. You know, being the mom, we put ourselves last on the list of things to take care of. Well, that bit me in the butt because by the time I got to the doc, I had bronchitis and a sinus infection.
The Double Doozie. The two for one special.
Doc said another 2-3 days and we'd be looking at pneumonia.

I'm on day 6 of antibiotics and my lungs are still not back to normal. I cough when laying down, when eating, when talking, just about all the time.
I have a cough medicine with codeine in it that I can take at night and even though it helps me sleep, I'm not a fan. It gives me a headache and I wake up feeling groggy in the morning.

Word to the unwise mama...Take care of yourself!

This past weekend I started to feel more like myself and decided I needed to enjoy the long weekend.
First I went to the gym yesterday morning for body pump (weight lifting). It was my first class in a week! I can't remember the last time I took that long off from the gym. Well, pump kicked my arse but it felt good to be back in the game.

Then when I got home we packed a picnic lunch and headed up here for half a day...


I'm in one tower, looking at the other!

This place is amazing. It's an old cathedral built right into the hills of Wisconsin. We all climbed up to the top of the tower which was super cool and a bit scary for someone who is afraid of heights!


Let me explain something. We climbed 110 steps BEFORE getting to this point. The sign doesn't account for that. Remember that the cathedral is in the mountain, so it takes a while just to get up there from the parking lot. I was wheezing like a granny, but I did it. The view from the top is well worth the climb.

We found a spot to have lunch on the church grounds and enjoyed the gorgeous day. Good thing we did because shortly after we got home the sky got dark and it started to pour! Perfect timing.
I may have overdone it because I was really tired yesterday afternoon and my cough came back with a vengeance. I had to take the cough medicine and go to bed early. Hoping for a good day today!

I loved the long weekend but today it's back to the daily grind. Kids are on their way to school. Hubby is at work. I'm headed to work in a few (making up for the day off yesterday).
The weather has turned to summer and I'm hoping we'll all be healthy from this point forward.

Have a great day and stay strong!

1 comment:

biz319 said...

Agh, bronchitis is the worst - its such an annoying dry cough. That's the only time I've been sick in the last 10 years - twice with bronchitis, and I still felt okay, just had that cough so its easy to overdo it.

Glad you got the meds!