Monday, July 14, 2014

Life of a Busy Mama

I've been slacking in blog world. I know it, and I think about it almost every day.
Summer time means I'm busy. Busier than the regular school year, if you can believe that. I owe you an update, so here it is...


Weight is holding steady, albeit much higher than I want to be, but still steady. The immediate and rapid gain I experienced post-band removal at least seems to have slowed down, thank GOD! I'd love to get back down, but as long as I stop gaining, that's good enough for now.

Hubby and I ran a 5K together last weekend. I've been wanting to do a race with him for a long time because I always do these things alone. We hired a babysitter and did it. While it was nice to be with him, it totally sucked that I'm so out of shape. I was sucking wind the whole time and couldn't find a good stride. It took WAY longer to finish than I had thought it would which just made me sad. Let me tell you, it doesn't take much for the body to give up and go back to where things were before, and that totally sucks!

I've been getting up early (even when I'd much rather stay in my bed!) and doing a yoga DVD. I noticed the other day when I did yoga that my hip felt so much better after about 10 minutes. The DVD I use has several segments you can choose from, and I usually choose 2 of them which totals about 30 minutes. During the first one I'm in tons of pain because I'm stiff. By the second one I hear lots of popping and cracking as things are loosening up for me. By the end, I feel invigorated and ready for the day. I decided I should be doing yoga several times a week especially since I have Arthritis and a bad hip. It works. I just have to stick to it.

The kids are involved in summer school for a few weeks. It's not the type of summer school most people think of, it's FUN stuff that the kids get to pick. The school offers things like cooking, crafts, foreign language, theater, etc. They're having a blast. I have friends who send their kids to these things for the ENTIRE summer. I couldn't do that. I yearn to have them home with me when they're in regular school, I'm not in a hurry to get rid of them for the summer too.

I had to take the kids to another summer program today too. Hubby found this Robotics Engineering course for kids offered at one of the big name, local colleges. They're missing 2 days of summer school to go to this 'camp' but judging from their reactions today, I'd say it's worth it. They had a blast. They were also proud that of the whole class of 15 kids, there are only 3 girls, and they're 2 of them! I kept yelling GIRL POWER in the car on the way home. They think I'm nuts.

Welp, since I have to be up at 5:30am. to do my yoga before getting the kids ready for engineering camp, that's going to be it for today. Just wanted to check in and let you all know I'm still here and doing well.
I hope you're enjoying your summer too!




2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I'm so happy y'all did a 5K together, it really brought me and Steve together when we were able to exercise together... so I know it was fun for you two!

Love hearing about all the fun camps - I need to put my kiddos in some, too. Just so broke all the time! UGH!

biz319 said...

Well, I'll be passing through Wisconsin again tomorrow - they want to admit Tony - he's retaining fluid and can't breathe - hopefully when he's out of the woods we'll get together for lunch!

Hugs!