Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Crazy Thoughts of the Food Addict

So I was chatting with the Medical Assistant at my lady docs office about my options for relieving some of the hell I go through every month when T.O.M. arrives.
She mentioned a very low dose pill she thinks will help, and possibly allow me to avoid more invasive measures.

I told her to give me the name of the med and I would do some research.
I looked it up on a bunch of different web sites and checked all the reviews.

The general consensus is that nausea is the most common side effect.

In my very sick, obese, food addicted brain, what do you think was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the word 'nausea'?

"Ooh, maybe that'll make me eat less and I'll lose a few pounds!"

Yeah, that's normal. Actually thinking that nausea will be a good thing.
I'll be working on that.

Tell me I'm not alone on this dysfunctional thinking train!

3 comments:

Dawnya said...

LOL...it's how our brains work. It's crazy.

BandedIceGirl said...

so not alone with that kind of thinking, have been quilty of thinking very simularly

Beth Ann said...

Yep, that would be mine too. Hope you are doing well.