Friday, October 24, 2014

I'm Still Here, I Swear!

Man, I always promise to be better at blogging regularly, and then I don't.
Sorta' like when we wake up every day promising ourselves that we will do better with food choices (or whatever your 'thing' is), and then don't.

Yep, guilty as charged.

Life has been pretty darn busy lately.
The in-laws were here for almost a a week. Kiddo #1 had a birthday, and lots of celebrations. Hubby was in China for a week, leaving me home as the single mama. My sister was here for 4 days.

Right at this very moment, life is mostly back to normal. The laundry and dish washer are both running. Kids are off from school but are watching a movie and resting (ordered by me since we'll be out late tonight). Everyone is clean and fed, I'm having coffee, and here I am finding the time to write to you peeps!

So, let's recap the last few weeks, shall we?

First, my very first baby turned 9. This is getting harder and harder on me each year. I know they grow up, that's just part of life, but man, can't she just stay little for a few more years?!

She chose an all girl Super Hero party. It was so cool. Total girl power.
Hubby made us Super Mom and Super Dad costumes so we could join in the festivities.


I see a bicep!

I cut him out of the pic because I'm not sure he wants his mug on my blog. We've never really talked about it. Would you believe he drew that logo by hand then colored it in with marker? He could have been an artist.

When the in-laws were here, we got a lot of stuff done around the house. They're always a big help in that department. I keep telling them to sit down and rest, and they're like "Let's clean out the garage!".
They're almost 70 but I usually need a nap when they leave.

When my sister was here we did a lot of eating out, and shopping. Totally different kind of visit from the in-laws! We also went to Bingo and won $500 (we split it). Bonus!

The 9 year old had her annual check up today. I am proud to tell you that her height growth is steady and on track, while her weight growth slowed waaaaay down. The doc has been concerned in years past about her BMI, but today she was ecstatic, and wanted to know what we're doing differently. I tell you, it's the running. That girl loves her running club (twice a week) and can't wait to go every week.
I hate that she has my genes and will likely fight this battle her whole life, just like me.

In other news, we're all volunteering at a community event tonight for Halloween. We go to this thing every year but this year we're working it.
I love to get the girls involved in giving back to the community, and they really enjoy it. Never too young to start!
Thankfully this year it's about 60 degrees out because last year it was so cold we all were turning blue and had to leave early!

That's it for now. I think we're all caught up.
I've been reading your blogs, and even finding the time to comment here and there.
Hope you all are well!

4 comments:

Dinnerland said...

You are so adorable!!
Love to see you blogging- keep the posts coming.
Cheers...

Dinnerland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dinnerland said...

Oy!! That was my comment that I deleted- I posted the first one twice.
Sorry to mess up your comments section on this post.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

You look gorgeous and your smile is radiant! YAY for your daughter.