My favorite day.
Ten Things Thursday.
I need a random day because apparently putting together a full blog post seems to be beyond my ability these days.
1. I'm still mostly on my deprivation diet. I say mostly because the day before my T.O.M. started I pretty much ate everything that wasn't nailed down. Carbs were calling my name that day.
I haven't weighed myself again because of T.O.M., and hopping on the scale right now would be sadistic.
2. My kid is sick. Again. We were all sick between Christmas and New Year's, and now the kid has it again. I hate school germs.
3. Remember when I mentioned in my last post that hubby was in China on business? Welp, turns out he's going again on Monday. Telling the kids that Daddy is leaving again, even though he just got back, was real fun. He really shouldn't have unpacked.
4. I have discovered roasted vegetables. Oh my, when I roasted a head of cauliflower with garlic and onions, I thought I had died and gone to heaven.
Hubby and I ate the whole darn thing ourselves and wished we had more. I'd say there are worse things in life.
5. I'm taking the girls to Disney on Ice next week. We've never been and I've always wanted to take them. Tickets are pretty expensive for this stuff, and I could never justify the expense. I happened to have a coupon code for 30% off, and still had some money left from my Bingo winnings a few months back (did I ever post about that?)...and since it's just us girls next week, I figured it's time. My oldest is almost too old to even want to go to such things, so I want to do this before it's too late. I hope it's awesome!
6. My new favorite beverage is steaming hot decaf coffee with a scoop of chocolate flavored protein powder and stevia. Yummmm, it's like grown up hot chocolate.
7. I don't love football (understatement) but there is a slight chance I will watch some of the big game this weekend. My brother has a very good friend who is a referee for the game. Because of his job, I've learned about the game a bit more, and my husband is so stinkin' happy that I just might sit and watch more than the commercials with him this year!
8. Couldn't go to my weight lifting class yesterday due to a work thing. Going tomorrow to make up for it.
9. We went to see American Sniper today. No matter what you feel about the war in Iraq (I'm not a supporter), you will walk away with a greater appreciation for our military. I can't even imagine doing the job they do every day. It was an amazing story.
10. It's 4:00 and I have no idea what's for dinner. That's my problem. Lack of planning. I just went shopping yesterday, you'd think I would have figured out something to feed these people!
Well, that post took me a very long time to write due to many of life's interruptions.
Maybe I'll get to write more when the hubs is out of the country and the kids are in bed.
Until then, be well!