Saturday, January 10, 2015

The 2 month recap

How is it possible that 2 months have passed and I haven't written a post?!
I can't even believe it myself. I think about blogging all the time. I just never get around to actually doing it. It doesn't help that I have 2 kids who always need the computer for something, and I rarely get to use it.

Here's what's been going on around here:

It's -4 friggin' degrees out. I want so badly to run/walk outside. I tell my husband that I'm very delicate and if I went out in this weather, I would surely die. Immediately.
Meanwhile, he doesn't even wear a coat. Silly boys.

Our Thanksgiving plans were derailed by rioting in Missouri, so we went out to dinner for the first time EVER in my whole life. The meal was surprisingly good. Then we went to a hotel downtown so the kids could play in the pool and have a change of scenery. And mostly because if we sat home I would surely get depressed thinking about how I miss being with my family.

Right before Christmas we had 2 bathrooms remodeled. Not a full tear out, but definitely a nice face lift. It helps that the hubby works for a company that sells vanities, sinks, faucets, etc.
Our house was in 'construction mode' for a couple weeks, and it nearly drove me crazy.

Kids bath. New floor,vanity, and paint.

Santa came to our house the week before Christmas since we wouldn't be here on actual Christmas. It was super fun because the girls had written a letter to Santa asking if he could come early, but they weren't sure if he would actually do it. I guess he really does read his mail!

Late night wrapping  No make up

We went back "home" to NY for Christmas and it was awesome. We got to see lots of cousins who we rarely ever get to see. The kids were loving every minute of it!
There was also an announcement of baby news, so I'm going to be a great Aunt again in late summer. So exciting.
As much as we loved the visit, we were all ready to get back here and back to our regularly scheduled lives. We wanted our own beds, and our own foods, and our own routines.
We were flat out exhausted.

Then, everyone got sick.

Both kids had fevers touching 104. It was a scary couple of days but I was so grateful that at least they weren't sick while we were away.
The coughs and fatigue lingered on into the new year, but we just took a few days off and watched lots of movies, played games, and gave ourselves permission to be lazy.
We were all better in time for work and school (much to the dismay of a certain 9 year old).

Hubby is on his way to China right now. Well, he's on his way to Chicago to catch a flight to China. He goes several times each year, so we should be used to it by now, but we're not. It doesn't help matters that an AirAsia plane recently crashed, or fell out of the sky. Scary stuff.

I'm taking the girls to a play this afternoon to keep their minds off missing daddy. Should be fun.

On the weight loss/healthy living front, I'm still exercising every day.
Still doing my yoga DVD's about 3 times a week. Doing weight lifting at the gym twice a week and doing the elliptical at home on non-gym days.
I asked for Hop Hop Abs for Christmas, and got it. It's definitely a good cardio work out, but I'm not positive that it's really focusing on my abs. I'll keep doing it because it gets my heart rate pumping, which is what I need right now since I can't get outside much.

Still off the sugar and feeling great. I fell off the wagon a bit while we were in NY, but I realized pretty quickly that I felt like crap and was tired all the time, so as soon as we got back, I got back on track. Feeling good again.

I think that's it for now. I'm sure other stuff happened over the last 2 months that I'm forgetting about, but that just means I need to be better about blogging more often!

If I have any readers left, I hope you're all keeping warm and well.


2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Wow! Glad everyone is recovered from that horrid cold - we had it here too. I'm with you on noticing now when I eat sugar that feel like shit... keep up the great work!

Beth Ann said...

Hi chica! It is good to hear an update even if I do keep up with you otherwise. :-) <3