Friday, February 6, 2015

Tummy Trouble and I Got a New Gadget

So, I've been trying my best to avoid gluten for some time now. I've noticed that when I have gluten, I get a bloated tummy, look pregnant, and get really gassy. So staying away from it has helped me feel better.
You know I've also been avoiding sugar, and feeling more in control of my cravings as a result.

Well,today I had the desire to bake something. I wanted to make muffins for the kids, but wanted a recipe that I would be able to eat too.

I found this recipe but used gluten free flour instead of the wheat. I also used natural apple sauce instead of butter. No sugar, no gluten. Awesome.
They turned out great. Not very sweet at all, which was what I was looking for.

Well, here we are a few hours later and my stomach is trying to kill me. I feel like I have a brick in there. Actually, I feel that at any moment I may explode.
Could it be the gluten free flour?
I've never used it before but read the ingredients and it's all just normal stuff.
The good news is I have not had the need to eat anything since those 2 muffins this afternoon.
The stomach is closed for business.

In other news, I got a new kitchen gadget today.
I had to stand and watch a pretty stupid, long winded demonstration at WallyWorld in order to get it, but you know I love free stuff!


This little trinket that so clearly states that it was made in China (and probably costs .01 to make 5 of them) is a pretty neat thing to have around!
I made these cute little zucchini spirals tonight.



Tomorrow I'm planning on curly sweet potatoes. It's so easy to do and so fun. The kids got a huge kick out of it. I have high hopes that they'll actually start to eat vegetables if they can make them curly!

Speaking of tomorrow, wish me luck, say a few prayers, whatever it is that you do.
The kids and I are going on a field trip at a chocolate shop. Lord help me! I'm planning on bringing a book and sitting in a corner to read while they get their tour and learn how to make chocolate treats. They've been told that not only will they get to sample the treats while they're there, that they will also make something to bring home. Oh good, stab me now.

Will I be strong enough?
Will I remember that I am truly a sugar addict and can't stop at one bite, EVER!?
Send me strength people!

I'm going to bed early tonight and hoping to actually get some good sleep. We make better decisions when we're well rested, right?
Last night I hardly slept at all and I fully blame my husband for that. He's not even on this continent at the moment, so how can I blame him? It's his absence that gives me restless nights, that's why. He's not there and I wake up all night long looking for him.
Tonight I'm taking Tylenol and hoping for the best because tomorrow I will not fall off this wagon!

That's it for now folks. Have a great night and be well!

1 comment:

Beth Ann said...

The chocolate field trip seems like a nightmare, but you can do it!! I have never seen a gadget like that. Color me intrigued!