Or should we just call it "I can't come up with a full post, so let me share this random crap with you"?
This was supposed to be a "Ten Things Thursday" post, but I got sidetracked. Plus, I only have 6 things, so here ya' go.
1. I never thought in a million years I'd say (or type) these words.
I just made reservations for lunch at the American G1rl place in Chi-town. Yup, gonna' shell out $70 for me and my two angels to have lunch on Mother's day weekend. That's not a special Mom's day brunch price, that's just their regular WAY overpriced every day lunch. Never thought I'd do it.
But, here I am with my 8 and 9 year old kiddos who think their parents are the absolute best for coming up with this idea. Hey, you only live once, right?
2. I skipped the gym all last week. I'm on the injured list. The week before I went all Bad Ass and upped my squat and lunge weights AND went to Pump 3 times instead of 2. By Friday I could hardly walk. My hip is a super jerk and hates me. It's the SI joint (google it), it flares up from time to time and causes all kinds of havoc in my life. Like, making it difficult to walk, sit, stand, bend, sleep. Just those little things that I need to do EVERY day! I am still in pain this week but it's slightly better. I went to the gym but didn't do heavy weights. I also did the elliptical and treadmill at home twice. I've been doing yoga to try to get things back in shape with the hip. I probably should go to the chiro, but I hate his secretary, so I tend to avoid the place.
So for now I'm wearing sneakers every day, and walking around like an old lady. It's attractive.
3. Speaking of the gym...I went back to my early morning spin class yesterday. Can you believe I willingly set my alarm for 5am. and actually got up and left the house? It must be spring. I used to go regularly until the temperatures got to be -20 all the time, and I just couldn't do it.
Who the heck wants to get out of bed when it's cold, dark, and windy? Not me, I can tell you that.
So, now that the temps are steadily on the rise, I'm up and out and exercising super early (before I can talk myself out of it).
4. My 9 year old reformed picky eater has been asking for spinach smoothies in the morning. Yesterday I was out of spinach and she refused to eat the orange/banana/pineapple smoothie that I made. She said it's just not the same without spinach. What!? Have I been transported to some alternate universe? Or has my daughter been taken over by an alien?
Also, she noticed after 2 days of green smoothies, the huge bruise she had on her knee was pretty much gone. I like that she gets the connection between food and health. Teach them well!
5. The no meat for Lent thing is still a big hit in our house. Tonight we had baked cod, roasted asparagus, and a tomato salad. No starch! I could have put bread or pasta on the table but I figured we don't need it and if someone really missed it, they could get up and get it themselves. Nobody said a word. This was my first attempt at asparagus and it was awesome. I have some left over for tomorrows lunch. I've heard from many people that it will make my pee smell weird? That should be exciting.
6. With the warmer temperatures, I was anxious to start going for my awesome neighborhood walks. I decided to head out yesterday afternoon, and take it slow due to the hip issue. On the way out, I was feeling great and not in much pain. On the way back, whole different story! I found myself wishing and hoping that a helicopter would swoop down and take me home to my bed.
Got home and had to ice the hip and take a nap.
I remember my mom always being old in my mind. She had arthritis throughout her body and had lots of aches and pains. I don't want to be that person. I can't take it.
Let's hope for a full recovery.
OK folks, time to get breakfast and get ready for the day.
Have a great weekend!