Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I Ache Like an Old Woman

For the last 2 weekends, I've been digging in the garden, weeding, and hauling dirt for hours and hours. I hurt.
My hip and back are angry.
But, I keep going, for several reasons.

1. The previous owners left us a HUGE raised bed garden. I always wanted raised beds. That must have been a lot of work for them to get this thing up and running, and I should be grateful that it was just left here for me.
2. I'm committed to having an awesome supply of fresh veggies this year. We eat a lot of vegetables in this family, so what's better than growing them myself!
Last year the garden didn't do very well and I pretty much gave up by mid-summer.
3. Digging in the dirt is free therapy!

I've got a bunch of seeds growing in the sun room, waiting to be moved out once it's warm enough. Also, my MIL sent me a nice gift card for a garden shop so I can go pick out other plants when the time comes.

All this work, on top of my regular gym routine, has me shuffling along like a very old woman. My everything hurts. I'm reminded that I'm no spring chicken and that pisses me off.

OH, and because I'm just that crazy, I signed up to run a 5K in less than 5 weeks. So, that means I'm doing the C25K program 3 days a week (and I had to skip week 1).
Today is a run day for me. You know I don't love running. It's just never going to be my favorite thing. Hubby is a marathon runner, in fact he just ran the WI marathon over the weekend. He convinced me to sign up for a 'fun' race, so I did. Lord help me.

That's it for now...going to take my old, creaky behind to bed early tonight and hope for a pain free tomorrow!

1 comment:

Sarah Kopf said...

Garden and yard work takes a lot out of you, but it always seems so worth it at the end of the day! That said, I have a huge pile of dirt I need to move by hand here soon....

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com